Thompson Center rifle benefit raffle for Ian's widow

uuummm , err,

Yes , definitely a " unintended " insult . Should I fall prey to insulting someone I would want it to be intentional : )

OK , OK , OK , hows about " supplemental enhancements " ?

And you are surely to have some good loot to throw in the " pot o' gold " raffle . So what is / will it be ?

jimmba

Every sponsor on this site should be approached to contribute what they can / will towards these two auctions . Creating a package of goodies for each rifle auction will increase the willingness for each of the regular joes that frequent this site to ante up to win such a prize.
Great Idea even if it is from an 'ol flatlander.:D

This thing is taking of fast! I'd say that with some thinking and planning, this is gonna result in a couple of packages that people are really gonna buy a lot of tickets for. And that's GOOD as everyone knows where the proceeds are going to go.

I kinda have to agree with Len about the accurizing though:)

Mr. Darrel Holland ,

My middle name is Darrel , are you my "other brother Darrel " ??

: ) Kidding aside , you Sir , shine like the sun , may your generous offer inspire many to do the same .

Len , there is a tiger here .........get it by the taill and Ms McMurchy may never have to worry about a single thing requiring dollars for the rest of the time she has here .

jimmba

Great Idea even if it is from an 'ol flatlander.:D

This thing is taking of fast! I'd say that with some thinking and planning, this is gonna result in a couple of packages that people are really gonna buy a lot of tickets for. And that's GOOD as everyone knows where the proceeds are going to go.

I kinda have to agree with Len about the accurizing though:)

Heyyy !! , There are some mountai... uuumm... ..hills around here ! !! Why just the other day I walked all the way up one , it must have been at LEAST 1500 feet to the summit .............so there !!

And I already amended the offensive accurizing thingy( wheres the sticking out tongue smiley when you need it ? )

jimmba

Len,

I would be more then willing to donate some lead to throw. Was thinking about 500 ct box of 175 gr SMKs and a 500 count box of 52 gr SMKs.

If the Icon had a faster twist I would certainly be willing to offer some heavier 22 cals if they would be more appropriate.

Let me know if that would work into the plan or the raffle?

Gentlemen,

If we pause for a moment we can visualize the potential heartache that comes with losing a spouse. I've lost several GOOD friends this past year and noticed the financial burdens that were place on them by the loss. Most folks do not prepare for such a loss, we all think it can't happen to me??? We'll here is a classic example.....

Hopefully I've been granted many more years to do what I enjoy? I'm healthy now and if I can help make someone else's life easier in their time of need, I will try and do so.

The shooting industry has been very kind to me over the years, travel opportunities and being blessed with many great friends and associations. I cannot think of a more generous or kind group of individuals in America and I'm proud to be part of that segment of our society.

Long live the 2nd Amendment and the American way of life!!!!!!!!

I've rambled on long enough.

Be safe in all you do,

Sincerely,

Darrell Holland

Amen to what my " other brother Darrel" said ( even thought it seems he wont claim me ) .

Did I mention gift cards ? to whatever place that might be universal , in whatever amount one can do !

Can you guys imagine the pile of loot that can be assembled ( two piles , one for each rifle ) .,

I'm still sthinking , are you ? ( heyyy !! who put that s in front of my thinking : ) doesnt matter , my wife says I'm always stinking )

jimmba

Wow, what a great program. $20 per ticket works for me.

308 would be my first suggestion. That's just Ian.

How about something a little different like a 260 for the second?

Of course, any of the varminting rds like the 223, 22250 would be fine too.

Like some have suggested, I will gladly buy a ticket but if I win, re raffle.

Not because I wouldn't want to own a product dedicated to such a great ambassador to the sport (and all around nice guy) but that 'reinvesting' into the sport is something that Ian would do if our roles were reversed.

Jerry

YIPPEE!

Dick (ss7mm) has agreed to be the Chairman of this event. Now we're cookin' lightbulb

Dick ,

Pardon me ! I meant Mr. Chairman : ) Some way to bring this to Nikons attention ? Maybe score a coupla scopes for each rifle from them
I thought about what you said BB about them both maybe being 308 cal but was wondering if more people might be attracted with their being two diff cals.

On another note I was thinking it might be best if those that of the writers guild and moderators maybe should be ineligible to win . This could be made known upfront to the public . Probably none of us would accept it but it may make the general public more comfortable with the raffle .

Where do we start sending the loot to ?

jimmba

Jimm:

Just in the last couple of hours Len and I have been working on logistics, methods, distribution, contacts, etc. etc. The potential for this gets a little staggering when you start putting it all together.

In the meantime, you can send lots of cash to my private accou.........oops scratch that Len might be hanging around.:)

Everything is getting workd out as quickly as possible and I for one am excited about the possibilities and hopefully how much we can do for a certain little lady up north.

Len will keep everybody updated as things progress so get your checkbooks/credit cards ready.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would accept it if I won! I would take it hunting and kill something at long range and write up a story of the Ian M Rifle Hunt. It would be a great honor to me to kill something with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts