Thieves Amongst Us

Hugnot I am alarmed at how young some of these criminals are.
When you start out at 15 you have zero future!So sad.
From what I have seen there are many that are hardened criminals by the time they are 15 with charges such as assault, rape and murder. As others mentioned absent parents or parents who refuse to discipline their children are setting them up for failure.

This story fried my *** ! Too bad the kid didn't pull his pistol on the drunk P.O.S.'s. I hope they find them.

I can tell you that if I am getting the sh.t kicked out of me, with the possibility that I may well die, I am going to draw and shoot the perp to stop him. And continue to shoot until he does stop. Hopefully they were able to give the police more of a description than two guys in a car with Colorado plates,

I'm thinking bear spray and its all over!
It may not effect people on drugs. Also it may stop some people and make other crazier. See videos of police using Peper Spray and even Tasers not working on some people.
Both Jil and I carry Pepper Spray as a first defense if no weapon is seen, but also have CCW.

Correct in standard pepper spray but the concentration of cayenne in bear spray significantly greater and will definitely shut down respiratory functions along with severe skin burns. There are a few demos on line that were almost fatal.

I think the real story here, unfortunately, is that the 2 victims were slow to realize the threat, and then slow to respond. Both sides were armed - but the drunks got the drop on the victims. It takes a lot of energy to live in a 'code yellow' state when you're out and about - but it is the new way of the world we live.
👍🏼

I can tell you that if I am getting the sh.t kicked out of me, with the possibility that I may well die, I am going to draw and shoot the perp to stop him. And continue to shoot until he does stop. Hopefully they were able to give the police more of a description than two guys in a car with Colorado plates,
👍🏼

One last comment on this thread. I have been in several shootings resulting from my employment with LAPD. the last one, in1992, I was using a Smith 5904, instead of the Model 15, I had carried from 1961 to 1989. I firmly believe that had I been carrying my wheel gun I would have hit him in the 10 ring rather than his shoulder. Why?, because of practice. As a follow-on, I recently took my Model 15 out to shoot. I was horrible. I used to shoot Expert with that pistol, now I as crappy. Again, Why? Practice. I firmly believe that anyone who is not terrified of firearms can, with practice, train themselves to react to a sudden situation, as well as any cop. But, it takes a LOT of practice. Spend an hour a day in dryfiring. Buy rubber bullets for use with primers, or Redjets. Buy one of those laser systems that display where your "shots" hit. Whatever, practice. Go the range as often as you can. If you are worried about a lawsuit, there is insurance available. You can do it, but you have to want to.

One last comment on this thread. I have been in several shootings resulting from my employment with LAPD. the last one, in1992, I was using a Smith 5904, instead of the Model 15, I had carried from 1961 to 1989. I firmly believe that had I been carrying my wheel gun I would have hit him in the 10 ring rather than his shoulder. Why?, because of practice. As a follow-on, I recently took my Model 15 out to shoot. I was horrible. I used to shoot Expert with that pistol, now I as crappy. Again, Why? Practice. I firmly believe that anyone who is not terrified of firearms can, with practice, train themselves to react to a sudden situation, as well as any cop. But, it takes a LOT of practice. Spend an hour a day in dryfiring. Buy rubber bullets for use with primers, or Redjets. Buy one of those laser systems that display where your "shots" hit. Whatever, practice. Go the range as often as you can. If you are worried about a lawsuit, there is insurance available. You can do it, but you have to want to.
I lived in San Bernardino Co. For 20 year then San Diego Co. for 25 years. I worked in L.A. Co. for 8 years. I praise you living and working in L.A. Co. I couldn't do it. Let alone Ca.
God Bless you.

Not in all states. Some have stand your ground laws. Also if you fear for you life or family members live's, etc..
In Ca. , Wa., Or., Yes. You would be in trouble.
Stand your ground laws just state you do not have to flee first. They still require you to believe you are facing imminent great bodily injury or death to use deadly force. My response was to someone saying they no longer cc because they fear reprisal for drawing a weapon in non life threatening situations. See post 127

I lived in San Bernardino Co. For 20 year then San Diego Co. for 25 years. I worked in L.A. Co. for 8 years. I praise you living and working in L.A. Co. I couldn't do it. Let alone Ca.
God Bless you.

I just did some work in downtown LA. I don't envy a single state or local working that dump. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Recent Posts