Thieves Amongst Us

I just did some work in downtown LA. I don't envy a single state or local working that dump. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.
I had a job there 27 years ago. i parked the rental outside the building. I had to go through (3) Steel Gates with Cameras to get in the office. When I got in they said how did I get there. I said rental car. They said where is it parked? Outside in the street-they sent employees out to guard it. Said if I left alone for 15 minutes there would be no doors, tires, seats and most parts of the engine.

If you use deadly force or the threat of deadly force when faced with non life threatening confrontations you will be labeled a criminal 100% of the time.

I don't know who has the composure to react under fire. I guess it is determined by the individual and the circumstances, but I guarantee you an unarmed citizen has zero chance. I truly believe in that instance my standing in the court of public opinion doesn't carry much weight in my decisions.
That's not exactly true. In some states you absolutely can use deadly force in defense of property. In Texas, if it's during legal darkness hours everyone is presumed to have a weapon under the law.

Not in all states. Some have stand your ground laws. Also if you fear for you life or family members live's, etc..
In Ca. , Wa., Or., Yes. You would be in trouble.
Strangely enough as anti gun ad CA is, there self defense laws are pretty user friendly. The midwest believe it or not has some of the more restrictive states.

The states you have to be extremely careful in are the, "Duty to Retreat States".

Stand your ground laws just state you do not have to flee first. They still require you to believe you are facing imminent great bodily injury or death to use deadly force. My response was to someone saying they no longer cc because they fear reprisal for drawing a weapon in non life threatening situations. See post 127
👍🏼

That's not exactly true. In some states you absolutely can use deadly force in defense of property. In Texas, if it's during legal darkness hours everyone is presumed to have a weapon under the law.
There are some pretty strict guidelines for a castle doctrine, but that was not what was discussed in the gentleman's earlier post. He said "I even stopped cc'ing because you will be labeled the criminal in 99.9% of non-life threatening issues" I would venture to say that even though the castle doctrine is about property there is still a presumed threat like you said.

I'm thinking bear spray and its all over!
I was at a gun show a few years back and saw people running and wiping their eyes.It seemed a guy picked up a can of bear spray,opened it and said this stuff don't work and gave a little squirt.It cleared the whole building!Even the lady that took the money up front at the door had to leave.
A deputy was there as always and made the guy buy that can of bear spray that he used.Yep it worked!That was Friday afternoon and Saturday morning when my brother in law set up his table we were still shedding tears,not as bad a friday but it took fans and open doors to get that stuff out.Yep that will stop an attacker

We have generations of people in our society that have never been punched in the mouth for being rude. The thought that they might face consequences for their actions never enters their mind. WE have done this, or allowed it to be done. When the most basic courtesy toward others is removed from society you get what we have, and more.
I'll go one more step than this. When you take God out of schools, God out of churches, and God out of the home, and God out of people's minds and hearts, then there is no moral anchor. No morality. There is no Sin, no guilt, no knowledge or feeling about the 10 commandments, the golden rule, or any moral compass. Now take 2 or 3 generations down the line from where this began in the 1960's and you have adults 3 and 4 times removed from what many of us grew up with and were taught at home, in school, and in church. So, we now have a society of declining or little or no morality. Post modernism rules. Every man has his own truth and there is no absolute truth or law--only what feels good at the moment.

Don't be surprised by where we go from here.............

When I lived in Chicago I had a rule. If its not behind 3 sets of locks or locked doors it really doesn't belong to me. Apparently now, that even applies to the most remote parts of the back woods, your pick up truck, and even the shirt on your back. They will steal it all. Lock it all up,
and remain vigilant. We don't live in Kansas anymore.......

I was at a gun show a few years back and saw people running and wiping their eyes.It seemed a guy picked up a can of bear spray,opened it and said this stuff don't work and gave a little squirt.It cleared the whole building!Even the lady that took the money up front at the door had to leave.
A deputy was there as always and made the guy buy that can of bear spray that he used.Yep it worked!That was Friday afternoon and Saturday morning when my brother in law set up his table we were still shedding tears,not as bad a friday but it took fans and open doors to get that stuff out.Yep that will stop an attacker
It's also incredibly illegal to use it on humans, a federal crime in fact.