THEE only gun you'd never part with

My Grandfathers Austrian 16ga SXS shotgun. He died about 20 years before I was born but my Aunt surprised me with it when I got my hunting license at 14 years old. A high grade Ferlach built at the turn of the 19th century I used it for waterfowl, upland birds, small game, and varmints well into my 20's. It remains fully functional to this day and will be surely be passed down.
851088B5-DCAB-453A-8091-81C2858AE296.jpeg

My Grandfathers Austrian 16ga SXS shotgun. He died about 20 years before I was born but my Aunt surprised me with it when I got my hunting license at 14 years old. A high grade Ferlach built at the turn of the 19th century I used it for waterfowl, upland birds, small game, and varmints well into my 20's. It remains fully functional to this day and will be surely be passed down.
View attachment 444792
Beautiful! And I thought my dad's old JC Higgins 16ga breech loader was nice.....

What's the one gun in your stable you'd never part ways with? Family heirloom, first build, killed your personal best, won competitions, most accurate etc. What's your number one ? What's it chambered in and what's it mean to you?
6.5saum, 2nd custom build and my fav rifle/caliber. Just kills so well @ any reasonable distance. I can hit 10" steel much further but hunting I limit to 750 yds. Still have plenty of speed on the 140 berger to open up like it should and energy is still very good. My mv is 3150 and 2050 @ 750 yds. I've had it 7 years now and ADG now has head stamped great brass.

I've never once sold a single firearm. I was once told guns are meant for buying not selling. A few years back I almost traded a shotgun cuz i was short on cash. I backed out and couldn't bring myself to do it. That being said, I'm not a collector, every one of my guns was built or bought for a purpose. They ALL have so many untold stories that can only be shared between myself and that gun. It can be 15 years and all I have to do is pick up that firearm and it's like a movie in my mind. Its very simple minded but that is Ir-replaceable to me. Hold'm, touch'm look atem, remember.... It's like therapy.