The Lord blessed me

He snort wheezed at me just before exiting the treeline. I had never seen a buck run with his head down like that, toward the ground, almost perpendicular. Looked like a horse or donkey when they charge.
I've seen that…chasing a dog!

My gramma used to have this great big dog, scariest looking dog I've seen person and a total teddy bear (but a cat killer it turned out)…had some kind of mastiff in it, huge square head and "jaws of death" as far as bite force. An honest to goodness 160-180 pound cement truck of an animal. A lot of people I know claim to to bigger or heavier dogs than him…when I've actually seen them their either grossly exaggerated, or the owner has confused "tall" with big and it's something leggier but not bigger, or it's just fat! This dog was just built different, and unbelievably strong. But one day he met his match!

He routinely would chase deer in the field beside their farm…and one day an equally "cement truck" built whitetail buck, big 4x4 or 5x5, decided he was done running away. It was hilarious, I didn't know the dog could run that fast, we see this huge slobbering beast just tearing across the field in TERROR with this big buck not 20 paces behind him, snorting and ****ed right off and his head down exactly like you described…if the dog stopped or slowed down he would have been straight up IMPALED! The deer gave up the chase when the dog got to the farmyard.

The dog was visibly rattled, and most certainly embarrassed. He kept bashfully looking at us as if to say "please tell me you didn't see that!" 🤣

1700181907536.png