The Lord blessed me

wvbearhunter

I tagged this guy at 8:12 am this morning. He actually attacked me.

I was walking into the woods and made a couple "social" buck grunts and he launched himself out of the foliage about 20 feet away from me and charged right at me. He made one loud grunt as he came at me.

I was fortunate to have my wife's crossbow (I jacked up my shoulder working with one of our horses) and not a compound and was able to snap it up and shoot him. He turned slightly and instead of hitting him at the neck/spine junction (it was all I could see for a shot) I hit him in the neck. The shot severed both arteries and clipped his spine.

He dropped in his tracks and that was all she wrote. Total time from shot to drag was less than 2 minutes. Freaked me out though.....I dont think I could have made the shot with a compound it happened too fast.

I will say that the Rocky Mountain Switchblade broadhead performed perfectly. It made a monster cut which really helped. I was never a fan of crossbows until today
20231115_090137.jpg

This isn't anywhere near the cocaine bear?
You sure he was grunting and not snorting?

Great reactions and good deer.
He snort wheezed at me just before exiting the treeline. I had never seen a buck run with his head down like that, toward the ground, almost perpendicular. Looked like a horse or donkey when they charge.