TC Contender Gen 1 pistol

You should enjoy that barrel. I have a couple of actions, 14" barrels in .223AI, 30-30AI, 7x30 Waters, 357, 41 and 44mag, and 45 Colt. Then a couple more in 10" 357's and a 24" .223 rifle.

Yeah they are a hoot to shoot, and accurate to boot. The .223AI using Win 45gr Varmint loads will just cut the center out of a 1/2" bull at 100yds. The rest aren't far behind. This was a 10 shot group I shot while a friend was goading me on...

223AI - 100yds.jpg

Contenders are one those guns that grow and reproduce in the safe! 😉 Multiple barrels lead to Multiple frames and more barrels. I'm actually putting together a compact rifle setup on one of mine and seeing what kind of accuracy I can milk out of it.....probably in 309 or 338 jdj.
I have 22 K hornet, 30 herrett, 257 tcu, 309 jdj, 338 jdj#2 in pistol length and 357 in rifle. All of them are very accurate, though some took a bit of playing with to get there. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours, Good luck!
I'm putting together a. 309 JDJ as we speak. Just got to get the brass fire formed. Looking forward to put that 22" barrel to good use on some mulies.

Contender barrel are part rabbit. They multiply. 22, 223, 357, 357 Maximum, 30 Herrit, 357 Herrit, 30-40Kraig, 444, 25x223, 45LC, they are great fun.
That's a nice list, I've never seen a 30-40 Krag bbl. I have my Grandpa's 30-40 krag springfield that he started killing deer with a hundred years ago. My first Contender deer was 40 years ago. Now I hunt with 357 maximum.

I've put literally thousands of round thru TC bbls. over the years. Loved ever minute of it!
Got a T/C for Christmas 1980. 10in. 357 Max bbl., 10in. .22 bbl. Wifey and the kids got into IHMSA shooting at the Central Coast Silhouette Shooters Association Club out of Morro Bay, CA. Not too much later, bought a 14in. bbl. that had been a 7mm TCU but had been rebored to "7mm International Rimmed".....nothing but a 30-30 case necked to 7mm. Shot quite a few 40's with all 3 bbls. over the yrs. Had a blast!

For the 357 Max, used 200g Speer FMJ Silhouette bullets (don't think they are made anymore) over 19gr. 4227 & CCI Small Rifle primer. Used the same bullet in 357 Mag for practice w/ 13.6g 4227. Didn't have a chrono during this period so no velocities recorded.

For the 7mm IR, used 154g Hornady Spire Pt. over 22.8g 3031 & CCI 200 Large Rifle primer.
I won the International AAA 1986 Region 6 IMSHA Championship match at the Ojai Gun Club with that round. Very accurate in this bbl.
120g Nosler Ballistic TIp over 31g H4895 was a coyote/rabbit killer load. Dumped a bunch!

Sadly, old man eyes can't see the front sight any longer....I'm sure some of you can identify. Kids/grandkids don't reload (I guess, MY fault) and don't have any interest in a single shot handgun. Glocks, Sigs, S&W rule the day for them. Think they'd only sell the TC as soon as I die to fund another toy. Think I'll preempt their greed, sell it myself and take the wife on a nice weekend getaway! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I have and older one. Had a problems with it several years ago. I was having miss fires with it. Found that the old TC have a double spring in them. Replace both springs and it works find. So if you come across this problem in the round not lighting off and a poor firing pin hit, you'll know whats going on.