Swift Scirocco IIs in 280 AI

nhenry

I'm looking at developing a load using 150gr Scirocco IIs and H4831. Anyone using this combo? What speed are you seeing? How's accuracy?

My barrel is 24", 1:8.4tw, SAAMI spec throat.

Thanks in advance.

In my Rem 7 Mag, I shot 69-73g of R#25 with a Win mag primer, 3200+ fps, great accuracy. Seating depth will be a major factor for you and start close to the lands, two shot groups till you get dialed in less than 1/2".

Last edited:
When I had my 280ai I loaded 58.5 gr of rl26 with 186 bergers. Shot one hell of a group and great velocity.

I'm looking at developing a load using 150gr Scirocco IIs and H4831. Anyone using this combo? What speed are you seeing? How's accuracy?

My barrel is 24", 1:8.4tw, SAAMI spec throat.

Thanks in advance.
I have 4 280 AI's and none of them like the 150 Scirocco's for some reason. Best groups are slightly over 1 MOA but it is not real consistent. Tried several seating depths and a couple of my favorite powders, but to no avail. I still have over 250 of these bullets so as I burn them up this summer, I'll try different combinations.

I have 4 280 AI's and none of them like the 150 Scirocco's for some reason. Best groups are slightly over 1 MOA but it is not real consistent. Tried several seating depths and a couple of my favorite powders, but to no avail. I still have over 250 of these bullets so as I burn them up this summer, I'll try different combinations.
Think I could convince you to send me like 20 to see if it's a waste of time?

Recent Posts