Suppressor purchasing process advice

Everyone should have a general trust-- the process and time involved with distribution to beneficiaries far outweighs the headaches of going through probate court for a "last will and testament "

I have 2 separate trusts-- 1 for my general assets ( land/personal items etc)--- and one for my firearms/nfa items--- that way they won't tie up/burden the other if something legal comes up....you should also have a "will" that states that upon your death everything that is not in your trusts (vehicles /etc) gets automatically transferred to your trust---- no will, no probate court, far less time and hassle to secure items like deeds, bank accounts, stocks/bonds/401k etc.

Wills are a pita, revocable trusts are the way to make things much easier for beneficiaries and trustees.

You can have multiple trusts-- best to get a local attorney involved when creating one to make sure all aspects are legal in your state of residence

ATF does not determine if your trust would be legal or not- they just want to see that you have one set up....if it wasn't written legally then upon your death it can get problematic
Very true, NFA Branch wants to see that the trust indeed exists. Yet, Branch will look at the trust to ensure it complies with your state and local laws. Failing such, they can deny the application.

That is great that CO allows for the transfer of assets to a trust upon one's death. I think that is very unique and unusual. Generally, all assets are immediately frozen upon one's death unless held jointly (ie., bank, investment accounts), such as with a wife or husband. Moving titled/deeded assets to a trust is time consuming because of the paperwork involved due to name change and possible taxes/fees owed for transferring such.

That is great that CO allows for the transfer of assets to a trust upon one's death. I think that is very unique and unusual.
Transfers to revocable trusts are while the grantor is alive (inter vivos), not at time of death.

Transfers at death are still subject to probate, even if to testamentary trusts that arise through a will. Different states have different thresholds that mandate probate though, so if the gross asset value is below the threshold the court won't review. Submit an inventory showing value to the court to get the access letters, and you're done.

Allowable in all 50 states.

Very true, NFA Branch wants to see that the trust indeed exists. Yet, Branch will look at the trust to ensure it complies with your state and local laws. Failing such, they can deny the application.

That is great that CO allows for the transfer of assets to a trust upon one's death. I think that is very unique and unusual. Generally, all assets are immediately frozen upon one's death unless held jointly (ie., bank, investment accounts), such as with a wife or husband. Moving titled/deeded assets to a trust is time consuming because of the paperwork involved due to name change and possible taxes/fees owed for transferring such.
It's called a "pour over will"--- assets in a will may be subject to probate--- things Like daily driver cars are generally best left in a will until very near the end so transfer/sale to third parties is easier

Trusts are sooooo much easier to deal with than wills/probate and as stated- anything transferred in a will is public knowledge

I did the silencershop.com trust before buying my 1st suppressor. The kiosks make it really easy to get everyone's fingerprints. There's a phone app. for taking your picture. Everything is eSigned.

I just bought #5 and #6 in the last two weeks. Five directly through Silencershop.com. One of the most recent one's I purchased from a Silencershop Kiosk location. Local place had one, Silencershop did not. Silencershop.com is doing all the paperwork for me ($25 charge) so it flows through my trust and my other trustee's can do their part from their cell phone/PC. All they have to do is docusign something. I actually never stepped foot in the store for that purchase. It's all been over the phone, even though they're within a few miles of my house. Point being, Silencerhop.com makes it easy. I've got a boat load of Kiosk locations in my area (Boise, Idaho), so it's just easy.

I've read silencercentral.com might be even easier. They ship/deliver to your front door. They didn't/don't carry TBAC and that's what I really wanted for my 1st suppressor. So, I guess Silencershop.com hooked me.

Silencercentral.com does seem to have higher prices than others when I was researching just a few weeks ago.
Example:
Dead Air Sandman S is pretty much $850-$900 everywhere else, $1,000 at Silencercentral.com
But they do free gun trusts. Silencershop.com charges you (a few different priced options). I paid $150 for the full trust back in 2018, so it's done and paid for.
They can get you pretty much any brand suppressor, just give them a call.

I have a single person trust with my brother as executor if I die. my suppressors have all taken 9-12 months and it may be that a non trust gets processed faster.