Reasons for a suppressor purchase?

Ron J

I'm wondering what reason would one give to the question of owning a suppressor the following ......
.9mm

I live in Washington state, If I was to one for the .223 it would be used in Idaho, would that be legal?

But the bigger question would be why I would need one for the .9mm.

Thanks for any help,

Best Regards,

Ron

Ear protection number one. I sat next to a man with a .338 Lapua, he had both brake, and suppressor. He felt the suppressor doubled pretty well as a break. The more I'm exposed to them, the better I like them.

I think it also makes it easier (good PR) on those living close to shooting spots.

Just for shooting I can't see an Idaho restriction. I don't know where it fits in the hunting regulations.

For me I have a very rare ear disorder in my left ear. Not only has it cost me to lose most of my hearing in that ear over the last six years, it causes that ear to be hyper sensitive at times to sharp noises. It is called hyperacusis so something as simple as a fork on a ceramic plate is the equivalent of a gunshot and causes pain. At the range I wear plugs and muffs and if I'm having a day of particularly sensitivity I just don't go.

So, I'm hyper cautious about noise and protecting my ear(s). Going forward I won't own any weapons without suppression or shoot on "those days" which thankfully are fairly rare now.

We all have our reasons and that's mine.

Robert

Hearing protection for yourself and others, #1 reason.

Because you can, #2 reason.

Because I can't, #3 reason.

As for travel to Idaho, I wish I new.

Thanks for the responses. I suppose I could use not wanting to disrupt the neighbors.

I'm sure I can find out pretty easy if I can use them in Idaho.

jfseaman, I like the #2 reason.... I'll just tell the Feds I want one for the novelty of ownership. Those who die with the most toys wins type of thing.

I have a buddy that works for the attorney general here in WA. as an investigator, I guess I could ask him.

Anyway, thanks fellers :D

Keep a steady hand, and best regards.....

Ron

They do not ask why you want one.

You simply fill out the forms, write a check for $200 and wait 5-6 months like the rest of us. It's not that complicated especially if you have a Trust in place.

Robert

There is a map on this page below that indicates where suppressors are legal to own and to hunt with. Check it out.

https://silencerco.com/education/

Ron J, Don't know where in WA you're located, but Sharp Shooting here in Spokane is pretty knowledgeable, and has a variety in stock.

When I get done with tax time a suppressor tops my list.

The local sportsman's warehouse is selling "Advanced Armament 7.62-SDN-6 Rifle Suppressor" for use with my 5.56 and my 6.8spc. Has anyone ever heard of Advanced Armament?

Thank You HARPERC I will utilize sharpshooter's knowledge base. Looks like we shoot in the same neighborhood Harperc. Do you belong to the rifle club (upriver)?

And Thank You RobStar for the link..... good information there, as well as a huge inventory

.................Thank You HARPERC I will utilize sharpshooter's knowledge base. Looks like we shoot in the same neighborhood Harperc. Do you belong to the rifle club (upriver)?.................. /QUOTE]

Yes I shoot at the Spokane Rifle Club-long enough to get the old timer discount, low key enough enough to stay under the radar.

I was there Sunday spotting for a youngster. I didn't quite make it this morning, I had an Advil deficiency, and sitting by the stove seemed to be the only cure.

The local sportsman's warehouse is selling "Advanced Armament 7.62-SDN-6 Rifle Suppressor" for use with my 5.56 and my 6.8spc. Has anyone ever heard of Advanced Armament?

Thank You HARPERC I will utilize sharpshooter's knowledge base. Looks like we shoot in the same neighborhood Harperc. Do you belong to the rifle club (upriver)?

And Thank You RobStar for the link..... good information there, as well as a huge inventory

Was on vacation last weekend, and just saw your post.
I agree with lots of the post above. I'll add a few reasons,
#1. When using a suppressor it limits some of the human error.(less recoil and noise less flinching)
#2. easier to teach kids to shoot. No ear pro makes it easier to talk to them, plus less recoil makes them want to shoot more.
#3. Yes you can use a Suppressor in ID, for all hunting as well as shooting, As well as in WA.

As far as AAC. I have not been happy with their CS as a dealer or from what several customers have told me.
I would look at the SICO Omega, and Hybrid. Both are very good suppressors and would allow you to use them on several weapons.
the Hybrid works on Rifles and Pistols.
Feel free to ring me at 816-718-9489 i can go over options and the process.
Thanks
RLTW
Steve

Was on vacation last weekend, and just saw your post.
I agree with lots of the post above. I'll add a few reasons,
#1. When using a suppressor it limits some of the human error.(less recoil and noise less flinching)
#2. easier to teach kids to shoot. No ear pro makes it easier to talk to them, plus less recoil makes them want to shoot more.
#3. Yes you can use a Suppressor in ID, for all hunting as well as shooting, As well as in WA.

As far as AAC. I have not been happy with their CS as a dealer or from what several customers have told me.
I would look at the SICO Omega, and Hybrid. Both are very good suppressors and would allow you to use them on several weapons.
the Hybrid works on Rifles and Pistols.
Feel free to ring me at 816-718-9489 i can go over options and the process.
Thanks
RLTW
Steve

Thank You Ranger Walker.
I think I'll take you up your offer (for Phone conversation)