Suppressor help

Is it off center or off angle to the bore? A can is longer than your brake I assume so off angle might give you a baffle strike. Off center but parallel might clear. If you could spin the barrel maybe you could measure runout on the can when it's screwed on?

So let me tell my story, I bought a sweet Banish 30 and love it. Well I had my .308 threaded by a local guy while waiting on the ATF and I put a muzzle break on it, took it to the range and it was nicking the break slightly. I took it back the the gunsmith, he cleaned up the threads and now it does not hit the break and shoots great. Well IU have my suppressor in and I'm scared to put it on it lol. I bought an alignment rod to check it and it looks off. If it shoot fine through a break, shouldnt it shoot fine through the suppressor? Anyone else ever experienced this?

thanks for any help.
Jeff
The suppressor is longer than the brake. I would watch out. Maybe you should just part off the end of the threads and have it re-threaded again.

Definitely a new gunsmith!!! The can is longer than a break and if the threads are off the longer you get from the end of the barrel the worse its going to get. The threads aren't cut perpendicular to the bore . I've seen some pick up the outer dia of a barrel and cut threads . If the bore is off to the barrel outer dia you get what your seeing. Just had a factory Savage that was cut that way from the factory and Axis Works found the issue and recut the threads and installed a break .

Wonder how he threaded it?
Is the ID concentric with the OD?
I've got a barrel (my wife's rifle actually) that the 6mm hole is off center. (It's a Benchmark barrel) and I cannot thread it to suppress.
It's off by a mile but the stupid thing shoots awesome.
Just about everything I feed it tears little tiny groups.
It's a 6x45

Well thanks for all the advice guys, really appreciate it but I really don't want to cut my barrel, and turn my 22" into a 21" barrel, not happening, and secondly I don't want to spend any more money on it wasting money on another gunsmith, thanks much all

Recent Posts