22 suppressor?

I have sold quite a few Odin Work Nav. No complaints. Use it short, medium or long....you choose. Easy to clean baffles as they just unscrew.

If you're just using it for plinking I think most any would work well, I have a Silencerco Sparrow and AAC Element 2 and have been very happy with both. The Element is supposed to have no first round pop which it is a little quieter for the first round, but barely noticeable to me so looking back I wouldn't overthink that unless it's critical the first round be just as quiet as the rest. It would be interesting to compare each at long range to see if either affect accuracy much.

If I were to get a new one today I'd probably get a modular one like the Silencerco Switchback, but I'm sure there are other good options.

but is the Switchback a poor performing silencer? To clarify, I'm not an expert silencer user. I'm curious if it is truly a poor choice as stated, or a general statement unfairly applied to the Switchback because of its design.
Missed this, sorry.

It's probably not poor poerforming because SiCo makes good stuff in general, they wouldn't release a bad can. I look specifically at the form of it though. I don't think it's unfair to point out that modular designs have more failure points, more chances for production errors, more tolerance stacking, more chance of baffles being misalligned, etc. I can't think of anything that modularity doesn't end up adding more complexity-failure points over a simpler design. And why? It end up being just as long and heavy as the Sparrow in the rifle form, and it's longer/heavier than dedicated short-form cans like the Bowers Bitty when you split it. It's a play on buying one can and paying one stamp to get three decent designs at once. Some people like that, rock on and get what you want, but there's no dispelling that the modular design comes with weaknesses that non-modular cans don't have.

The key design difference between these two cans in particual is that the Sparrow is a monolitic core design where the baffles aren't able to move at all in relation to the mounting point, and the end caps are there to align the tube to the bore, not the other way around.

The Switchback (and TBAC Take Down, which I do really like) uses keyed baffles, which is my next prefered design because there's a positive fit between the parts. The Switchback has two separate baffles stacks in two tubes with multiple threaded interface points. I don't dislike the can itself as executed, it's as good an execution of modularity that I know of. But there are still either 2 or 4 threaded interfaces (depending on configuration) and 5 separate threaded parts (back cap, short tube, long tube, coupler baffle, front cap) in a design that aligns baffles to bore using those threaded interfaces. It's a more complex system that to me doesn't offer any benefits over the Sparrow except the ability to split in half and also be a heavy short can.

The AB Little Bird is my least favorite design by far. An internally threaded tubes with four moveable baffles. The thread fit is very loose to the point the baffles rattle in the rube. Probably by design so that they can be removed once dirty, but still the fit of it feels very sloppy and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence about alignment given the lenth of thread that's cut in the tube. It's too long, too loose, and doesn't check any of my boxes despite being not modular but "tunable". If it hadn't been a BOGO I would be upset at spending the money on it, the tax stamp was waste enough as it is.

Missed this, sorry.

It's probably not poor poerforming because SiCo makes good stuff in general, they wouldn't release a bad can. I look specifically at the form of it though. I don't think it's unfair to point out that modular designs have more failure points, more chances for production errors, more tolerance stacking, more chance of baffles being misalligned, etc. I can't think of anything that modularity doesn't end up adding more complexity-failure points over a simpler design. And why? It end up being just as long and heavy as the Sparrow in the rifle form, and it's longer/heavier than dedicated short-form cans like the Bowers Bitty when you split it. It's a play on buying one can and paying one stamp to get three decent designs at once. Some people like that, rock on and get what you want, but there's no dispelling that the modular design comes with weaknesses that non-modular cans don't have.

The key design difference between these two cans in particual is that the Sparrow is a monolitic core design where the baffles aren't able to move at all in relation to the mounting point, and the end caps are there to align the tube to the bore, not the other way around.

The Switchback (and TBAC Take Down, which I do really like) uses keyed baffles, which is my next prefered design because there's a positive fit between the parts. The Switchback has two separate baffles stacks in two tubes with multiple threaded interface points. I don't dislike the can itself as executed, it's as good an execution of modularity that I know of. But there are still either 2 or 4 threaded interfaces (depending on configuration) and 5 separate threaded parts (back cap, short tube, long tube, coupler baffle, front cap) in a design that aligns baffles to bore using those threaded interfaces. It's a more complex system that to me doesn't offer any benefits over the Sparrow except the ability to split in half and also be a heavy short can.

The AB Little Bird is my least favorite design by far. An internally threaded tubes with four moveable baffles. The thread fit is very loose to the point the baffles rattle in the rube. Probably by design so that they can be removed once dirty, but still the fit of it feels very sloppy and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence about alignment given the lenth of thread that's cut in the tube. It's too long, too loose, and doesn't check any of my boxes despite being not modular but "tunable". If it hadn't been a BOGO I would be upset at spending the money on it, the tax stamp was waste enough as it is.
A lot of in depth info there, thanks for sharing. I agree about the added complexity, failure points. For me, as you pointed out, the Switchback fit a few purposes and I wasn't and still am not desiring to have multiple 22 cans.

there are a ton of good ones. sound is important but ease of disassembly and cleaning is way more important a variable on Rimfire cans than it is in centerfire. I want to know after a few bulk packs of ammo my Rimfire can will still come apart easily and that I can drop it in the dip to make it easy to clean.

had my mask for a few years and it's been great, the thunderbeast is very nice as well

I've got the banish 22 and run it in a 10-22 running subs. It's crazy quite you can hear the action and then bullet impact. Super deadly on squirrels if I can hit them ! The gun has a basic red dot so my daughter can shoot it . She has trouble with standard scopes ( right handed left eye dominant).
I would teach her to shoot left handed she will be happier in the long run, I wish I had known about being left eye dominant when I was young (like 50 years ago) I would have learned to shoot a right hand rifle left handed

. She has trouble with standard scopes ( right handed left eye dominant).
Both my boys are this way. RH LE. Their mother infected them with the trait. She also can't control/blinker her eyes independently so that is fun. My older son has the same eye control issue, so he shoots left handed.

My younger son forced/taight himself to close each eye independently, so now he shoots right. He started shooting left, but now prefers right and does well with it.

Really can't go wrong with most of the reputable ones out there. The easy button is the Dead Air Mask but if you find a great deal on something else I wouldn't hesitate as long as it is easy to clean/maintain. They are all going to be more similar than different in terms of how quiet they are.

Can't give a review yet but after a lot of researching I have an Otter Creek Labs Titanium22 in jail. 5.18" / 4oz / 100% Ti.

I wanted small, light, durable (ie no alum), cleanable, and good sound attenuation. Have read/heard good things…hoping it's all true.

I'm interested in the Sico Warlock.
Super lightweight, was thinking this for a dedicated handgun suppressor.
With no first hand exp with it I wonder if it has FRP and how it sounds compared to the TBAC 22 takedown.

Anyone know?
The warlock 2 is silent on my CZ457 with subs but loud on my Ruger 22/45 lite. I'm gonna try the CAT SR for a pistol can.