22 suppressor?

I'm waiting on a TBAC 22 TD - certified it about 4 weeks ago. Tons of solid reviews. The Dead Air mask is a great can to consider as well.

Once you decide, I'd file as an individual since it seems those approvals are going through very quickly.

I have a Tbac 22 Takedown and a DA Mask, both are similar to each other in how they suppress sound to my ears. I would give an edge to the Tbac due to the baffle design being a little easier to clean. I do like look of the Mask better 😉

My personal preferences, all in-hand and fired:

SiCo Sparrow
SiCo Sparrow Ti
TBAC Takedown 22
Bowers Bitty
Grtiffin Resistance 22M
SiCo Warlock II
Mist 10-22 (integrated barrel)

Last is AB Little Bird. Maybe I'll grow to like it, but first impressions weren't great. The fitment of the screw in baffles and tube length mainly. Odd because I really like their centerfire cans, this one was a let down.

I use an Omega 9k on my 5.7mm pistols because it does need a piston to cycle. The Sparrow worked on my AR-57 upper.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the Sico Warlock.
Super lightweight, was thinking this for a dedicated handgun suppressor.
With no first hand exp with it I wonder if it has FRP and how it sounds compared to the TBAC 22 takedown.

Anyone know?

I shoot a LOT of suppressed .22
Obviously all rimfire suppressors should be takedown for cleaning, rimfire is filthy. The thing to shop for is HOW does it takedown? Can it build up lead and carbon and get stuck? How diligent are you about taking it down and cleaning it?
I went with the Sparrow because of the clamshell liner design. A weekend with the kids and grandkids could be a couple thousand rounds. It will still come apart with no problems. I do get a bit of first round pop with pistols sometimes, I don't care.
For cleaning, I use a cheap Amazon gravity feed soda blaster and baking soda. Use it outside. Gunk comes off easy with no damage. Leather gloves and it doesn't damage the leather.
Just me and what works, my situation.

I went with a lightweight titanium and aluminum suppressor and in hindsight I'm not sure that's what I'd do. For a high volume rimfire suppressor I now know that I'd prefer to have stainless steel baffles so I could just toss them into a tumbler to clean them instead of hand scraping/brushing all the lead, carbon, and was build up off of the aluminum baffles.

The DA Mask HD and SiCo Switchback are the two I'm looking at for my next suppressor, but the TBAC 22 Takedown and CGS Hydra SS are also on my list to do more research about.

Last edited:
I have a SiCo Sparrow and love it, I upgraded from a YHM Mite when they first came out. The ease at which you can take apart the Sparrow and clean makes it great in my book.

The Sparrow is made of all steel including the tube, and is a tank. Similar size and weight to the Switchback, but without the modularity. Personally I see modularity as a draw back, all it does is more things poorly.
While I understand the premise you raise, does it apply to this comparison? I've not been around the Sparrow, so I genuinely don't know. I own the Switchback, and bought it because of the modularity and design, and believed the performance it touted. I could have had the wool pulled over my eyes, so I'm asking a genuine question.

Not withstanding generally small differences in performance for baffle design etc, volume is generally the biggest differentiator in performance. So assuming the size comparison is similar between the Switchback and Sparrow, or if it's different then equally accounting for the expected performance delta, is the Switchback a poor performer compared to the Sparrow?

I've been impressed with the Switchback, and it's hard for me to imagine another 22 silencer being that much of a better performer. Perhaps lighter, perhaps relative performance improvements in relation to size, perhaps cheaper, but is the Switchback a poor performing silencer? To clarify, I'm not an expert silencer user. I'm curious if it is truly a poor choice as stated, or a general statement unfairly applied to the Switchback because of its design.

I'm still following as I am in the market for my first 22LR rifle suppressor. Weight, value, and serviceability are my top considerations. A 22LR rifle is already very easy on the ears so I am not concerned with +/- 1 db.