Spring Bear 2024

338, how's that 27 Sherman do for you.
What kind of Velocity's?
1000001293.jpg
1000001254.jpg

I figured it for a 3 year old sow.

Yeah at 600 they are tough to judge well, but with some time and patience on the bigger glass one can sort them out if they know what to look for.

The one in the first pic has a white chevron, I don't see it on this pic?
Same Bear just can't see the white for some reason. It's pretty small.
Yeah, taxidermist guessed her at 9 years old and he is usually pretty close. I call fish and game and they aged the tooth at 8yrs.
I new it was not real big but she walked with her shoulders more than with just her legs and looked to have an OK head. I was using my 15x56 Mavin binos. Good thing she wasn't any bigger, that is about the only wall I could have put her on! And with as nice as that hide is I am happy with it!
See the timber line at the top of this photo behind me. That is where I took the shot from. Sitting on my but with my riffle resting on my trekking polls turned into a tripod with Wiser Presision kwik clip and hugging my exo pack between my legs with my but of the rifle resting on it.
That set up works great. That hillside is so steep there is no way to get prone.

Attachments

• 20220530_095847.jpg
    20220530_095847.jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 35
Never heard much on those bullets. I have been using Barnes LRx. I really want to like the monos but expansion is not that good under 2000 fps for most it seems.
What is the cost of those compared to Barnes or are they at the higher end like Hammers

I was hoping to make the 4/1 opener in Idaho, but we're moving and have to be out by the 19th, so I may not make it next week. I also have a fly in trip planned with my 2 boys for the end of April.

Most of our kills have been with the .270, but have also used 7/08 on 2, 6.5CM on 2, my last one was with the .308. I'll be packing it again this year.