Small frame 6.5 Creedmore Reccomendations

As Far as "smaller frames" ( midsize frames) go-- I hate them--- they tend to be a hybrid design of an lr308 mixed with ar15 -- BUT they are all proprietary and compatibility of parts is horrible -- i did one, and sold it as proprietary parts were always hard to get or just flat out not available

You can build lightweight large frame ar's pretty easy...my 308w weighs 5.8 pounds with 3-9 optic for $1000 Just gotta do some homework and search "ultralight" parts...and be willing to spend some cash to drop ounces. It's a numbers game so look at dropping grams and ounces-- it all adds up to pounds.

Look for titanium, magnesium, and carbon fiber parts. V7 sells small parts, tool craft has a ti bolt for a decent price, faxon has multiple profile barrels that shoot good. Smokes composites stocks, briggand arms handguards. It's another rabbit hole to fall down. Good luck.

Every part will add up so even the smallest thing matters when it comes to ultralight.

I probably could have dropped another 1/2 pound or more if i wanted to buck up with another $1-1500 for lighter parts
Pretty much what I have gathered on the proprietary end. That's one of the biggest issues with my G2 especially with the company now defunct

pic w/4 from left and the individual or camo?

from left
AP upper and lower
Odin Ragnarök handguard and adjustable gb
pr 24" barrel (+2 gas) (this 1 is in 260rem)
lancer cf stock
cmc single stage 3.5# flat face trigger
radian chargehandle
cryptic bdg

camo
ap upper, lower, handguard and bcg (nitide)
magpul grip and stock (ap build kit)
cbi 22" barrel (standard rifle length gas)
geissele ssa-e? trigger

single pic
wmd guns "beast" upper and lower
brigand arms handguard
slr adjustable gas block
magpul prs stock
ap (nitride) bcg
tac-con trigger (241 or 3mr)
I appreciate it. I'll likely start out with Aero parts and go from there. We shall see. At least I already have the trigger. Geissele Nat. Match.

Recent Posts