Should I build a 7 Saum or 7-300 wsm?

Total agre with the accuracy mode. It's pretty much always in that range.
☝🏼This: I was curious so I just looked up my info: my 7saum chassis rifle with a recycled rem 700 action, throated long with a 30 inch barrel shoots the 180 Berger hybrids at 2900 and super tight groups. Best shooting rifle I've got. My lightweight hunting 7SAUM that I just got back from the smith, on a short Defiance AnTi and a 21 inch barrel, shoots 2849 with the 166 ATips and the second tightest groups of my rifles. I love the way they perform and load workups were a breeze. And strangely in that same 2850-2950 node range. My notes say that I had a faster (Ricky Bobby 😂🤣) node with each one but the accuracy was too good to ignore on this lower node.

AG Composites just came out with their gen 2 tikka stock. It fixed some of the gen 1 issues with feeding and action screw engagement. I've been playing with it for a week and it's flawless. It's worth a look and might be the perfect back country, long range stock.
I really like the looks of that stock

@Timnterra we carry mesa precision altitude stocks for the tikka. Very nice stocks for the money, in 2022 I'll do a better job of keeping them on hand at all times.

Like @grouse mentioned above I too have had great luck with the plain vanilla 7wsm & win brass. Bertram has been a solid option in that chambering as well.

You'll get more velocity with that over the SAUM (if your looking for raw speed I would stay WSM!)
I've looked through your site several times in my search for a stock. I've got a McMillan for this build but I need one for a light weight proof barreled rifle that's coming up next.

I've looked through your site several times in my search for a stock. I've got a McMillan for this build but I need one for a light weight proof barreled rifle that's coming up next.
I've got a pile of them on the way (within the next 3-4 weeks)

Also, mountain tactical magazines have been a great addition to the tikka's - paired with the mountain tactical bottom metal it is a very good worthwhile upgrade. I run them on all my personal tikka builds!

I've got a pile of them on the way (within the next 3-4 weeks)

Also, mountain tactical magazines have been a great addition to the tikka's - paired with the mountain tactical bottom metal it is a very good worthwhile upgrade. I run them on all my personal tikka builds!
I've got one of their gen 2 long action mags and I like it a lot except it sticks out of the bottom a little further than I would like. Do they make a shorter version that doesn't stick out as far? I am trying to keep these rifles as light as possible so I'm going to stick with the plastic bottom metal to save a couple ounces.

I've got one of their gen 2 long action mags and I like it a lot except it sticks out of the bottom a little further than I would like. Do they make a shorter version that doesn't stick out as far? I am trying to keep these rifles as light as possible so I'm going to stick with the plastic bottom metal to save a couple ounces.
The mountain tactical all stick out. I run the plastic bottom metal from the factory. I've considered upgrading to metal but don't really see the advantage.

No sir, OEM is the ticket for flush mount. The advantages are longer COAL, if users are not intending to extend their COAL then OEM is plenty good.

BTW, I'm surprised your long action factory mags don't feed WSM rounds. I have had customers running SAUM rounds out of the factory long action mags with success.

I don't have any older mags at the shop to measure, makes me wonder if a change was made recently.