Sherman Wildcats 7SS / 7 & 300 MEGA

SheepShapeAK

Anyone have experience with any of these cartridges?

Looking at the speeds of the 7 MEGA, I can't imagine that barrel lasts much past 7-800 rounds with dependable accuracy.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Trying to get everything lined up for some builds this winter, and these cartridges have been poking at me.

I've done 3 7 megas and all 3 have averaged between 3010-3030 with 180's on 22" barrels with reliable brass life. 7SS I've done 2 and both were 2870-2890 on 22" with 180's. As far as barrel life on the 7 mega, one I did for my buddy is over 800 rounds and he just sent me this group yesterday so it's holding up fine thus far. I'll be interested to see when it goes south.

Attachments

• IMG_2463.png
    IMG_2463.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 40
I've done 3 7 megas and all 3 have averaged between 3010-3030 with 180's on 22" barrels with reliable brass life. 7SS I've done 2 and both were 2870-2890 on 22" with 180's. As far as barrel life on the 7 mega, one I did for my buddy is over 800 rounds and he just sent me this group yesterday so it's holding up fine thus far. I'll be interested to see when it goes south.
Do you run the megas on LAs SAs?

It's not wildcatting at all, to Me either.
I'm running 25 Sherm LA, 6.5 Max and 7SS now, adding the 7 Mega and 25SS within a month. Zero regrets about the cartridge choices, the designs are ideal to Me. My Mega will be on a LA, used the LA reamer.
Phil, you got me thinkin...I have all the parts in line at the smith now for a 7saum...been pondering the mega. 🤔

Nothing wrong with a SAUM.
But I want more this go around, for the 190LRHT Berger's, and I do dearly love 40 degree shoulders.
I'm way past long skinny cases for horsepower, and never during the plandemic did I have to search for brass. It was always in stock.
Justice 1327 runs Mega on medium length actions, also. FYI.
And who knows, I may end up running the 175 or 180's with speed. I'm using a 28" for a reason.👍

Nothing wrong with a SAUM.
But I want more this go around, for the 190LRHT Berger's, and I do dearly love 40 degree shoulders.
I'm way past long skinny cases for horsepower, and never during the plandemic did I have to search for brass. It was always in stock.
Justice 1327 runs Mega on medium length actions, also. FYI.
And who knows, I may end up running the 175 or 180's with speed. I'm using a 28" for a reason.👍
I've got brass for the saum amd have always wanted one. But in a 22" I'm not sure the 180s will be as fast as I'd like. If I could get to 3000fps in a 22" Mega I'd be tickled.

I have a 7SS and love it. Great accuracy and speed with the 168 and 175 Bergers.

Lone Peak, Manners LRH, Rock Creek, TT Diamond.

Easy to load for, dies and brass available. So not as "wildcat" as some others.
What speed are you running the 168s at? I have a plan for 168's in a 7SS.
Thank you!