Sherman Wildcats 7SS / 7 & 300 MEGA

I'd really like to run the 195 EOL's in the 7 Mega if I decide to go with it. Should probably stock up now with at least a barrel worth.

That is what I am doing from now on. Especially true when you build for a specific bullet.

The sad passing away of George (of Badland's) and the shut down of their bullets buisness unfortunately also affirmed that anything can happen. Great bullets from a great couple. I have my 338 Mega which his 250 is my main bullet. I am in the middle of a 6.5 Max build that was being built (barrel twist, freebore) specifically for the 135 SBD2.

I only have 50 well 30 now of the 250s. As soon as I got a good load I should bit the proverbial bullet and ordered at least 500 for 15-20 yr of hunting with that specific rifle. Of course there are other options but nothing presently out there touchs the bc of their bullets and dangit I have a really good load for it. Still I am blessed to have numerous other options from custom bullet manfs.

This thread is killin me! I've been waiting on barrels since end of November. Really wanting to try a 300 mega with the medium Zermatt action that resides in my safe.
I refuse to wait that long on a barrel. I will throw $350 at a manufacturer not in Wisconsin and hope for the best. If it's crap then I've learned my lesson and move on... but if it pans out then im money ahead. Heck we all know that bartlein and kreiger can produce a bad barrel just like anyone else. The 10-12 month wait time doesn't guarantee a "lights out" barrel anymore anyway.

I waited over 2 years on a 338 Mega barrel, didn't even end up with the barrel I ordered. Was throated wrong, and now I've got such big problems with it that I'm still without a workable rifle, and the barrel is about to the point it's gonna reside in a landfill for the rest of its life. I'm closer to 3 yrs into it now. This was done by someone that chambered 2 other Sherman cartridges previously for me that both shoot 1 hole groups. Anything and even a combination of things can go awry, and your best laid plans come crashing down and just don't pan out.
Your right, there are certainly no guarantees on anything.

I refuse to wait that long on a barrel. I will throw $350 at a manufacturer not in Wisconsin and hope for the best. If it's crap then I've learned my lesson and move on... but if it pans out then im money ahead. Heck we all know that bartlein and kreiger can produce a bad barrel just like anyone else. The 10-12 month wait time doesn't guarantee a "lights out" barrel anymore anyway.
One barrel maker has a longer list of SS inventory than I've seen in 4-5yrs.
They might be Packer fans too!

I wish any of my barrels came with a "light out" guarantee hahaha. Never seen one of those 😁. I think barrels are like pickup trucks. You just have your preference. I'd wait for my preferences. But if I was waiting 10-12 months I'd deff find one to take it's place in that time. Who knows you might find a new preference...

I wish any of my barrels came with a "light out" guarantee hahaha. Never seen one of those 😁. I think barrels are like pickup trucks. You just have your preference. I'd wait for my preferences. But if I was waiting 10-12 months I'd deff find one to take it's place in that time. Who knows you might find a new preference...
I think what I was trying to convey was if I'm waiting a year for a kreiger it better shoot better than a PBB that I can get in 30 days. One of my preferences is RL26 and I'm not waiting until it comes back to market if it ever does. I will shoot what I have and find something else and likely never go back. Same goes for some of the Nosler products. If I can't get it when I want it I will find something else that produces similar results. It's 2024 and we have options.....one of them is to not have to wait for a year for things