Seekins

Good to hear. I'll have to find a reason to get up that way again someday and visit. They've really been putting out great stuff with top notch customer service to match. There was definitely a sweet spot in the bolt rifle market they have nailed. I bought a HIT 6.5 PRC last year and have been nothing but happy with it.

Good to hear. I'll have to find a reason to get up that way again someday and visit. They've really been putting out great stuff with top notch customer service to match. There was definitely a sweet spot in the bolt rifle market they have nailed. I bought a HIT 6.5 PRC last year and have been nothing but happy with it.
I was shopping hard for the ph2 I now am going to be getting the element simply amazing and down to earth people

Love my PH2 in 300prc. Best rifle I own.
I just bought a ph2 in 7mm PRC, delivered to my FFL last week. I went to insert the bolt for the first time and it will not go into battery. I used the bolt release to insert it, but the bolt stops about 1.75-2.0 inches from the close point. I am baffled. Please let me know if I'm just doing something stupid!

I'm looking at my element which bolt wise is the same to the ph2, if your bolt is jammed right now, are the lugs in the 6 and 12 position? Did the bolt release click into the slot on the bolt when you inserted the bolt? The distance you're describing is a lot, maybe something to do with the trigger but even at that distance it's not making contact with anything

I'm looking at my element which bolt wise is the same to the ph2, if your bolt is jammed right now, are the lugs in the 6 and 12 position? Did the bolt release click into the slot on the bolt when you inserted the bolt? The distance you're describing is a lot, maybe something to do with the trigger but even at that distance it's not making contact with anything
Yes, 6 and 12. The bolt release clicked into the slot when I inserted the bolt. It appears that the firing pin shroud at the very front of the bolt is catching on the metal where the receiver joins the stock. Photo below.

Attachments

• IMG_9052.jpeg
    IMG_9052.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 8
In the "Havak Gen2 Bolt" section of their website, there is an instruction that says "If your bolt will not go back into your rifle, your bolt shroud may be twisted. To move the shroud back into place, hold the bolt and turn the shroud clockwise, it will take some effort, but no tools. Tools and improper installation may cause damage."

I tried to turn the shroud but there was nearly zero movement applying as much pressure as I am capable of.

That happened to me once when I disassembled the bolt and tried inserting in the rifle, if you can get the bolt out, try taking it apart and make sure everything is oriented properly
I am able to remove it from the gun, but can't take it apart. I keep trying the instructions on Seekins website to do so, without success. I can't turn the bolt shroud at all, and it warns not to try using tools.