Seeking empirical evidence to support or refute powder/seating-depth nodes

I am new (since 2019) to the long range shooting community and admittedly my experience is limited. I have been frustrated with all the voices claiming their methods are "how it should be done". I am not inferring that their methods don't work, what I am saying is that if so many different methods all produce the same results, accurate loads, then logically not all of the processes in the various methods are as significant as believed. In other words, the methods may work, but not for the reasons we believe. My goal is, through applying the scientific method, to sort out what actually makes a difference in the reloading process and what is just the deeply held dogma of the community.

I deeply appreciate and respect the experience and knowledge of those in this community, and their willingness to share it. I know that their methods work and produce accurate results, all I am trying to do is figure out why. After recently stumbling across the following information, I have radically changed my thoughts on how I approach reloading. I thought the community might benefit from the information they proffer.

I am looking to have an honest discussion about the information linked below and to hear your opinions, many with infinitely more experience and knowledge than I. If you take the time to review either of them, I would welcome your insight, obviously your have been doing this a lot longer than I.

Before anyone can offer suggestions as to the value of this information, we/you need to determine your goals. Do you want a rifle and load that will be used solely for hunting? If so, everything this guy is telling us isn't important. Let's face it, hitting an eight inch circle at ethical hunting distances is achievable without dealing with this level of minutiae. If you want to set a new record in F-class competition, the rabbit hole is very deep.

It's easy to spend a lot of time on systems and procedures that aren't going to move you forward toward your individual goal