Ruger Alaskan experiences and recommendations

I have many 44 mags, a 454 casull and a 500 JRH, and a bunch of 10mm.
First I reload for all but the 10mms so far. The 10mm are all semi autos and I love them all. My revolvers are fantastic too but I carry the 10s more. If I had to choose on one big Bore revolver it would be with out a doubt my 480 Ruger in super blackhawk. A big push and not nearly as violent as my casual and JRH with full loads. It's a joy to shoot even over my 44s. Only downside to the 480 is finding ammo.

Up side to 44 mags. Can buy ammo lots of places, easy to load for and find components, can reduce loads or shoot specials, and they make many different handguns in each(including the Alaskan). Desert Eagle, Ruger Blackhawks, S&W 629. Marlin lever.
Up side to 454. Lots of power, can shoot 45 colt, some factory following with some decent pistols including your Alaskan, and can make you buddies and you bleed when shooting😂🤣. Mine is a Ruger Super Redhawk.
Up side to 480. A sweet heart to shoot and load for, make in your Alaskan. The down is not a great selection of handguns, and components are hard to find.
Th 500s are big and cumbersome, heavy, and expensive. I think of them as more of a novelty but every revolver guy should have one! Mine is a BFR 5.5 inch.

My Ruger Redhawk is similar in feel and all to your Alaska just a longer barrel. I like the feel of it and it's is a beast of a handgun. Used to carry it for grizz protection and probably still will on occasion. I always wanted an Alaskan but always shied away from them when I got closer to buying and went with a single action with a 4 5/8 to 6.5 barrel. I shoot well with most pistols but I would imagine it would take a bit more concentration to accurately shoot the Alaskan. If I got an Alaskan it would most likely be the 44 version but you can get a 454 and shoot colt for plinking too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just my two cents worth, but several of the previous replies mention "HARD CAST" bullets (SOLIDS!!) and I TOTALLY agree. While carrying my Casull on my mountain grizzly hunt (At the time loaded with +P hollow points, my guide asked if I had filed off the front sight? When I (incredulously) asked what the F#@K he was talking about; he calmly replied that doing so would reduce the pain when the bear stuck it where the sun don't shine cause them hollow points won't do nothing but **** the grizz off 'cause they tend to blow up against bear skulls. Thankfully, I never had to test the theory but took the advise of a very experienced big bear guide and never carried hollow points as "back up" again. Hard cast lino type bullets for me.