Rem 700 with M16 extractor

The back port cut in the action is generally done on magnum actions because they won't clear the front port and eject till right at the end of stroke so they need the cut in the port as well as sometimes moving the whole port back but a shorter cartridge should eject well before being at the rear of the port as such they don't have the extra cut. It may also depend on the vintage of action but it seems to be more related to chambering. I've added the cut or just moved the port when lengthening the box.
The one I compared it to was also a 308 that I bought 10 years ago.

Looking at the round in your picture it seems as though you may have a chamber issue as mentioned earlier, It does appear to be contacting the lands, the round looks to be a standard seating depth which should not touch the lands. If the chamber is not cut properly or is rough, that can cause all kinds of issues on extraction. Trying two different bolts and the same issue indicates that the bolt is not necessarily the problem. I would send it to a well known and respected gunsmith who could diagnose and correct the problem. Another question is, how does it shoot?

Is this factory 308 ammo, handloads, 762 NATO? Have you tried other ammo or just this one?

I have had LRI perform work on a 700 action in the past and it's been flawless since. This was on a RR prefix serial # 700 action. Send your barreled action to them if you're unable to determine and resolve the issue on your own.

Looking at the round in your picture it seems as though you may have a chamber issue as mentioned earlier, It does appear to be contacting the lands, the round looks to be a standard seating depth which should not touch the lands. If the chamber is not cut properly or is rough, that can cause all kinds of issues on extraction. Trying two different bolts and the same issue indicates that the bolt is not necessarily the problem. I would send it to a well known and respected gunsmith who could diagnose and correct the problem. Another question is, how does it shoot?
That round was probably cycled at least 20 or 30 times in 2 different rifles. I tried with a fresh uncycled round and there were no marks on the bullet. II tried factory remington and federal ammunition and it happened with both. As for how it shoots, its very accurate. That is the one thing I am really pleased with.

I still would send to LRI or someone equally capable, a lot of second guessing and speculation wasted time and effort. Get it fixed right the first time and enjoy. I'm sending a project to LRI so I'm putting my money where my mouth is, well where my typing is.

It is hard to see with just a picture. But with the bullet being free of the receiver. The ejector not putting enough travel to kick the shell out, Or something on the extractor is binding the shell rim and will not let the ejector kick the shell free.
If you take the bolt out of the rifle, Hook a shell on the extractor, Position shell like it going in chamber. Then relieve the pressure on bullet, Will case come loose and release from extractor. And go flying some distance.

I have an RR s/n rifle that I had to ditch the factory extractor for an M16. It's been great. So I think it needs to be hand finished to get it to flip that cartridge clear of the bolt face. Mark the brass with ink and see what pattern appears. It should become clear with some study.