Ramshot Grand

*Load Dev was completed at 100 yards*

Alright, I needed to finish the test before posting. I think this is a good powder that didn't quite work with the 175 LRX in my rifle. I will say, I haven't had any powder with the 175 LRX, in my factory Tikka 300 win mag, that has consistently produced 0.5 MOA groups. I find the best I can usually do is about 0.75 MOA to 1 MOA with the 175 LRX. I think I'm going to try the 190 LRX with this powder because I have a high affinity for the copper bullets. I haven't tried a different grain size in this rifle, I've only ever shot the 175 LRX in it, so hopefully changing my grain weight can positively impact my accuracy/precision.

I have attached two PDFs of my grouping and velocity data. If you look at the 74.5 grain, group and data, that is why I thought the results were very strange in my previous comment. I think what happened is that I seated the bullets too deep in that group of three, which resulted in overpressure and a significant jump in velocity. After that day, I ended up performing 5 shot groups on the 75.0 grain and 75.5 grain groups. I also moved the seating depth out by about 0.020" (still factory mag length) to prevent any possible overpressure from excessive seating depth. I think moving from a 3 shot group to a 5 shot group shows the importance of larger sample sizes, because you can see 3 shots form 75.5 grs put together a nice little hole, but there were two flyers.

You can see the SD and ES was pretty good with 75.0 grains and 75.5 grains. However, they did not shoot well, so I'm kinda stumped on that, too. I'm not sure what to make of the rest of this data.

Do I think the powder is good? Yeah, I think so and it meters wonderfully.

Do I think this combo worked well in my rifle? Not really.

I also put this and some H4831SC powder right next to each other and burned it. To my eye, it appeared to burn at nearly the exact same intensity for almost the exact same duration.

Hopefully this helps some of you. If any of you have any input on how you conduct load development, let me know. I can always improve on my methods/techniques. It is a learning game and I am still relatively new to this.

Attachments

• Ramshot Grand - 175 LRX Ladder.pdf
    522.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Ramshot Grand Mastersheet.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 0