Question About Pricing & Shipping for .45 ACP Ammo – $8 Ammo with $15 Shipping?Exammo

Sam Earnest

Hey everyone,
I came across a deal on .45 ACP ammo listed for $8 per box, but the shipping cost is $15, which seems pretty steep compared to the price of the product. Anyone using this retailer: Exammo.com

image1517×524 145 KB

These directories are really very helpful to get the ideas of price & shipping without adding the cart.
https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/handgun-ammo/45-acp-auto
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy!

I do not know this company, but we have a few members from TX who might know or have experience with them. There are too many scams out there, so be careful.

Why Choose EXAMMO

1726572225177.png

While you might think this is a clever question, I merely point out the obvious, that they offer free shipping with a minimum purchase like many other suppliers. Many powder sellers now offer free shipping AND free Hazmat with a minimum purchase. Note also that here you are buying a 25 count box and not the once usual 50 count box.

Enjoy your search!

;)

I get mine from SGAMMO. you spend $200.00. You get Free shipping and it's always been shipped fast. I don't think it has ever taken more than 2 days to my door. Your location may vary from mine. I may spend a few pennies more. But they usually have what I need. And I can count on a good transaction. I have even bought 375 Win off of them in the past during the pandemic. That is a hard to find caliber. And I paid less, than I have at local gun stores for the same thing.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I came across a deal on .45 ACP ammo listed for $8 per box, but the shipping cost is $15, which seems pretty steep compared to the price of the product. Anyone using this retailer: Exammo.com

image1517×524 145 KB

These directories are really very helpful to get the ideas of price & shipping without adding the cart.
https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/handgun-ammo/45-acp-auto
They take CC. I would try them. Looks legitimate to me. Prices seems decent enough. Let us know how it goes if you decide to use them. After reading their terms. I would call to confirm price. I put two boxes of 5.7x28 at $21.00 a box of 50. It was on sale. Once I went to checkout & did the shipping cost of $51.85. I emptied my cart. lol
They had this posted on there.
Typographical Errors
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Our Store shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Our Store shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Our Store shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price

Last edited:
I don't know. Something isn't right.

Add states 230gr. Bullet weight listed at 185gr.

$8.23 box of 25ct Golden Sabre (which usually sells for $30+) when a 50ct of FMJs are $80-90 on the same site?
If not legit would they still accept a CC ? Their shipping prices are insane. $51.85 to ship two boxes of F&N 5.7X28 40GR. They were on sale for $21.00 a box. And I could not order more than 2 boxes. Even though it said 6 in inventory. I was thinking possibly a new company. Wasn't there a company on here before we thought wasn't legit ? They also had really high shipping rates. And it did turn out to be legit. An affiliate to another store they owned. I believe they had primers on sale. Here is the site I was thinking of.

Last edited:
It's pretty common for a lot of companies to sell ammo at a lower-than-average cost but then make up for the low price by charging a higher than normal shipping cost.

Ammoseek.com and other similar sites do a good job of showing the price of the ammo and also include some information about shipping.

I got an email from Palmetto State Armory yesterday that showed Winchester 300 Blackout Subsonic significantly lower than I see anywhere else. The shipping charges for 2 cases were over $50. The same two cases from other sellers are less than $20.

It's just a different sales strategy...I assume it must work for some people...at least once, but I can't imagine it working long-term.

No familiarity with that company, but I do ship ammunition daily. Ammo has to go fed ex or ups, as the post office has it listed as forbidden.
Fed ex recently reclassified residential and rural residential, and the net effect has added 5 to 15 per shipment to customers that live some distance from a distribution center. I used to cover 90+% of shipments at $25. Now, some of those shipments are still 25, but others are 35 or 40. Weight of the package and total distance traveled matters little. I had a $32 package that was less than 2 hours from our shop, and had a $22 package that crossed 3/4 of the country. Not a lot of ryme or reason.