Do I need a 410 Citori skeet??

belldar

I have a 20 gauge but do I need(I want) a Browning Citori 410 Skeet? It would be nice to have a nicer 410 than the cheap Mossberg I have. Any idea what one would be looking at paying or need to offer for one? I may have found one. 1983 model Beretta Citori .410 gauge Skeet grade I with leather case and fixed skeet chokes. Looks real nice and in great shape with nice but more plain wood to it🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes!

But I've been known to be an enabler. 😁

I have (2) 20ga. Love my CZ720!
But when it's time to go harvest some tree rats, I grab my Hawthorne 410 bolt.

I had a Savage 242 (410/410) when I was younger. Was stolen along with some other guns.
Getting to the point where I want another.
Thing was deadly on rabbits!

I have a Citori .410, but it has factory choke tubes rather than fixed skeet chokes. If all you plan to do with the potential purchase is shoot skeet or close range objects - say out to about 25 yards, the fixed chokes should be fine. But anything past 25 yards with a .410 calls for tighter chokes in my opinion.

There are quite a few skeet shooters at my club that all seem to shoot the Citori 410 Skeet Models, mostly Grade 1's. Choice of choke constriction varies between shooters. The Citori seems to be the shotgun of choice with several of the guns in service for decades and seeing tens of thousands of rounds. They are highly reliable, and, very easy and inexpensive to perform most service(self)….if ever needed. They seem to refresh firing pins/springs every 50,000+ rounds or so. Values vary depending on grade and condition, but a good used Citori Grade 1 should run in the $1000-$1500 range…
Do you need one? The guys that shoot 410's in our club would never part with them…They all reload their own very inexpensively due to the low lead/powder weights. Buying new factory ammo is a different story.

Last edited:
I would get it and probably let the girls shoot it. He had it listed as a grade VI for $1,650 and after I did some research with the serial I found it to be a grade 1. It looks to be in nice shape but nothing impressive or overly nice(plain wood). I have a 20 gauge Citori OU and BSS 20 gauge I got from my uncle and grandfather.
I thought about offering around $1,000 for the 410 and see now thst it's a grade 1🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you thought about going to a 28 gauge? A bit more punch than a 410 and more versatile.

If so, I have a sweet 28 gauge that I am selling but have not put it up yet. A Ruger Red Label with the straight stock. A somewhat rare gun in the factory straight stock and this one is still new in the box! (they quit making them around 2011). Shoot me a PM if interested.

I love shooting skeet with my 410. I do not have an over and under just a pump and a side by side but it is so much fun. If you can find one and can afford it by all means get it! I agree with Greyfox it will probably run you between 1-2K depending on the wood and condition but my motto is "you can't take it with you" My wife hates when I say that, especially when it comes to buying guns or bows. Good Luck

I bought a Henery lever action 17 hmr to take down tree rats and rabbits can't wait to try it. Even though I can reload 410 it's just a lot of people I know have moved over to the 22 and 17 hmr's and say they are more accurate at longer ranges than the 410 and have taken coyotes with the 17 hmr.

Recent Posts