Question About Pricing & Shipping for .45 ACP Ammo – $8 Ammo with $15 Shipping?Exammo

As noted above, some retailers have either reduced or free shipping when you order a certain amount of product.

Berry's Bullets is like that. I needed to order some plastic 50rd boxes. 10 of them. Came out to $70ish. Shipping as $150. I added an additional 4 boxes to bring the total to $101, and got free shipping.

I buy most of my factory ammo (if in stock) from KIR out of Ft Worth. Great prices and team there.

I agree, I'd have been very pleased with their pricing and their quick shipping. They are my Go-To for Norma ammo.

Hey everyone,
I came across a deal on .45 ACP ammo listed for $8 per box, but the shipping cost is $15, which seems pretty steep compared to the price of the product. Anyone using this retailer: Exammo.com

image1517×524 145 KB

These directories are really very helpful to get the ideas of price & shipping without adding the cart.
https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/handgun-ammo/45-acp-auto

Sam, I saw your post yesterday….but, didn't notice that you were a "newbee"!

That said……Welcome from North Central Wyoming! memtb

It's pretty common for a lot of companies to sell ammo at a lower-than-average cost but then make up for the low price by charging a higher than normal shipping cost.

Ammoseek.com and other similar sites do a good job of showing the price of the ammo and also include some information about shipping.

I got an email from Palmetto State Armory yesterday that showed Winchester 300 Blackout Subsonic significantly lower than I see anywhere else. The shipping charges for 2 cases were over $50. The same two cases from other sellers are less than $20.

It's just a different sales strategy...I assume it must work for some people...at least once, but I can't imagine it working long-term.
You are right, directories like ammoseek , bulkcheapammo.com & wikiarms are really time saving tools.
bulkcheapammo.com shows both the shipping cost and the final price for each product, making price comparisons simpler. Plus, you can check costs by state—a super handy feature.

Give it a try, you might find it more useful!