Pheasants Today!

Guy M

My son and I took the dog and the shotguns for a walk this morning at the Cooke Canyon Hunt Club near Ellensburg Washington. We found six birds and brought down 5 of them! My son used his lightweight 28 gauge CZ double and steel 6's. I used the 1930's 12 gauge Remington 32 over & under with Bismuth 5's. John shot 4 of the birds, letting me take one. :)

Maverick the German Wirehaired Pointer hunted better than he ever has! I had him at the Cook Canyon Hunt Club for remedial training a while back, and it seems to have helped him a lot. His points were rock solid! Beautiful day for the hunt as well and we're all glad that we did this today:

Regards, Guy

My son and I took the dog and the shotguns for a walk this morning at the Cooke Canyon Hunt Club near Ellensburg Washington. We found six birds and brought down 5 of them! My son used his lightweight 28 gauge CZ double and steel 6's. I used the 1930's 12 gauge Remington 32 over & under with Bismuth 5's. John shot 4 of the birds, letting me take one. :)

Maverick the German Wirehaired Pointer hunted better than he ever has! I had him at the Cook Canyon Hunt Club for remedial training a while back, and it seems to have helped him a lot. His points were rock solid! Beautiful day for the hunt as well and we're all glad that we did this today:

Regards, Guy
I love BIRD HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Guy
Makes me very jealous and wanting to go BIRD HUNTING! Have to had good dogs to go.
GREAT Job! Nothing like hearing that Cackle of a Rooster on wing!

Love GWP's❣️ Great day hunting.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1728440179930.jpg
    FB_IMG_1728440179930.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 39
That's a fun place, would take my pup there after season 20+ years ago. I'd go on a Monday in hopes of getting leftover birds from the weekend crowd. I mentioned that to the young man putting out the birds and he said I was the only one there that day and feel free to walk all the fields when I was done with ours. Gave him a nice tip$$$ for the permission. That went on for almost 6 years until he finally moved. Was not uncommon to end up with 6-10 extra birds a visit. And that was with a flushing lab. Miss that pup
IMG_3904.jpeg

Oh my does this time of year ever make me miss my GSP! He and I traveled in my cab over camper bird hunting from Montana to Texas. We always started early on preserves as a warm up for wild birds. Great memories!
Enjoy your bird season! And thanks for sharing!

I love it. Can't wait for the opener here to get my old girl on a pheasant. Maybe her last year for hunting. Dog's just don't live long enough.
I'm glad the DNR has been releasing pheasant's. last year my dog got up 16 wild hens and 13 roosters before the hunt started out walking her around the wma's

Hey, I'm about to start what has become an annual trip to South Dakota. Last year and this year I'm driving from home, Fairbanks AK. I have three Brittany's, my 13 year old will hunt very limited. She has been the most fantastic dog. Made some incredible retrieves. I have a 4 year old that is a big cuddly pup in the house and a beast in the field. Last a 20 month old pup. First pic, all three chilling, second the pup at 14 months on her first hunting trip, 3rd middle girl on point of a prairie chicken, and finally my oldest
Take Care
IMG_8171.jpegIMG_3411.jpeg_MG_1940.jpegIMG_9501.jpeg

Hey, I'm about to start what has become an annual trip to South Dakota. Last year and this year I'm driving from home, Fairbanks AK. I have three Brittany's, my 13 year old will hunt very limited. She has been the most fantastic dog. Made some incredible retrieves. I have a 4 year old that is a big cuddly pup in the house and a beast in the field. Last a 20 month old pup. First pic, all three chilling, second the pup at 14 months on her first hunting trip, 3rd middle girl on point of a prairie chicken, and finally my oldest
Take Care
View attachment 609016View attachment 609018View attachment 609017View attachment 609015
Sounds like it should be a great trip.

Recent Posts