Pheasants Today!

Guy M

My son John, our ten year old German Wirehaired Pointer Clark, and I enjoyed a nice, relaxed hunt at the Cooke Canyon Hunt Club, near Ellensburg Washington this morning. Clark enjoyed the easy hunt as much as we did. He found the six birds, dutifully pointed each one, then retrieved each one. I bought hens this time. It's not a demanding hunt, just a fun one.

Clark pointing a hen between two bushes:
evau8lml.jpg

My son and Clark heading out after another bird:
04dDqdvl.jpg

John with a bird, and his nearly 50 year old 20 gauge Ithaca (SKB) double. That gun was a present to me from Dad back in 1969. It still looks good and works great!
KIBAYLAl.jpg

Some old "guy" and his Browning 12 gauge, with a bird he might have hit. Unless the young fellow with the 20 gauge shot it first! I'll never tell...
UfVIZLbl.jpg

Guy

Had an email from McFarlane Pheasant Farm today offering broken tail roosters up for sale........you boys need to build yourselves a pen for big birds and get em while they are cheaper......
Make a good run for some retired boys.......i think Wisconsin......

it won't be long until it's time to hunt the roosters
I am super excited about my new Citori and Hevi
Shot Upland Bismuth

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.