OK gentlemen. . .

GUN! Dog is good for awhile....takes daily care, then there are vet bills, cleaning the house after it....daily... feeding it twice a day, letting out 3-4 times...daily, tears for some when it dies.... arguments over who's turn it is to shovel SHEEEEIT! Gun.. treat it how you want...use it when you want...and never have to rush home to let it out! GUN...lives for ever...dogs..not so much...as in some folks being on lucky number 13 !!!!!😉......GUN!

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, Ruger is the 13th Dane in my life. The picture of your new pup is post number 13 in this thread. I take that not as a coincidence but a sign of good things to come!!
Absolutely...
13 has always been considered a lucky number! As for Danes...now the two I had were exceptional...both BLONDES!

Guns may last longer than dogs but they don't get excited when you come home or when you get out your hunting gear. Guns can't communicate with you. Yes you may have vet bills but it's a wash on that for me. They give you happiness and love you for the care you give them and you give them happiness and love. A gun doesn't. I was looking for pics of my best dog, still miss him since 2010. He was 16. A lab/golden cross. He was only 5 weeks old when I got him cause mother stopped nursing pups. Not at 8 weeks. He never would let me get out of his sight. If I did he'd howl. I didn't get another dog for 3 years. Couldn't handle it. My Chesapeake just turned 11. My English Lab 3.5 yrs. I'm hoping the lab will help when the older passes. God bless man's best friend ❤️

Dog.

Better have done your due diligence though and know a thing or few about training bird dogs. I can't tell you how many disobedient, bird flushing, non-retrieving, dead quail eating $2,000 bird dogs I've seen in the last 45 years.
I'm feeding one now that has some of those problem , but we love him. He doesn't flush birds that's a deal breaker.😎

I'm feeding one now that has some of those problem , but we love him. He doesn't flush birds that's a deal breaker.😎
One of the greatest things about dogs is, most of them I've experienced can be trained at any age that their active behavior is "bothersome". You know, the whole old dog new trick thing. Like people they are individuals. They are different from people in that most active dogs I have experienced can be motivated to stop exhibiting bothersome behaviors with relative ease.

One of the greatest things about dogs is, most of them I've experienced can be trained at any age that their active behavior is "bothersome". You know, the whole old dog new trick thing. Like people they are individuals. They are different from people in that most active dogs I have experienced can be motivated to stop exhibiting bothersome behaviors with relative ease.
I will agree.
A wise man told me that A tired dog is a good dog. Meaning if they are tired they probably won't have the energy to cause trouble and I have found this to be true.

I like this.
542BC5E0-E5A9-4B9D-8FF6-B15AD61B642F.jpeg

A good dog is hard to beat!!! Guns come and go. My dog moose he's not a regular hunting dog but he sure does give the birds in his yard a good chase down . He has yet to catch one.
This is him after I had to wrap his paw after he got to a cyst and was bleeding all over the place.

Attachments

• 20240611_075143.jpg
    20240611_075143.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 28