OK gentlemen. . .

Life is short and humans should have that companion, even if they have traded tennis balls for birds...
Mine was forced into retirement before her prime. I sure miss having a bird hunting partner but there's nothing like that unconditional love from a dog.
Other than Dad's or Grandpas guns are just tools I buy sell trade all the time but a good dog is priceless!
Absolutely!

Attachments

• D417F936-C517-4AB4-986A-ACAFC808C927.jpeg
    D417F936-C517-4AB4-986A-ACAFC808C927.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 26
I'm a glutton for punishment go with a dog. I had a rescue that I lost a few years back he was a very loyal and faithful companion, he was a shepherd healer mix. One year before he died I bought a GSP, it was incredible watching the old boy teaching the young pup the ropes around the house.
IMG_4026.png

Attachments

• IMG_4025.png
    IMG_4025.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
loosing a dog will rip your heart out, I had to put my Lab of 12 years down last October one week before pheasant season. never even took the shot gun out of the safe and 3 days ago we had to put our Minatare Pincher of 15 years to sleep. tomorrow the weather will be good enough to bury him, it hurts seems for ever. I have a 7 month old Lab pup again now very smart but the most stubborn dog I have ever had, but it still does not stop the pain of still seeing the 2 dogs gone especially the Lab when going to the mail box. that was her thing everyday up to to the last hour before she had to cross the Rainbow Bridge

I feel just like many of you. I lost my 14 year old miniature aussie last October. What a wonderful boy he was. I still miss him. Finally it was time to get on with life. I couldn't live without a dog or two
I think that once you have a dog in your life it's very difficult to not have one in your life.