Nosler Partition

Hello again!

This may be another total noob question but I have a rifle that shoots 180 grain Nosler Partitions well (300 wby) but before I spend the money to "gamble" on a 60 dollar purchase I'm wondering...what is the likelihood that Nosler Accubonds of the same grain will shoot just as accurately? I've had great success with accubonds in other calibers but with the insane ammo prices I'd just like to know if it's worth trying if I already have sub MOA accuracy. I know some rifles are finicky but as a general rule of thumb, if a rifle shoots any type of 180 grain projectile is it safe to say that it will shoot all types of bullets (accubond ttsx etc) at that weight well?

In my rifles, accubonds generally always shoot slightly to substantially better than partitions but always at a much different Node. This is a tough question best answered by experimentation. I can say that I would not expect a ttsx, accubond, and partition all to shoot accurately In the same rifle because 180 grains is what they have in common.

Not certain if your $60.00 refers to factory ammo or a bullet purchase. Accubonds win over partitions as distance increases due to BC. I've had great luck with the Accubonds in several rifles. If factory ammo, its a crap shoot. If your distances are long enough to take advantage of the higher BC, try it. If its bullets, you could sell what you don't use. I've wasted $60.00 on alot of things.

I know some rifles are finicky but as a general rule of thumb, if a rifle shoots any type of 180 grain projectile is it safe to say that it will shoot all types of bullets (accubond ttsx etc) at that weight well?

NoslerPartition_400x.jpg

115-54618_2.jpg

Bullets having the same weight alone is not any kind of guarantee of accuracy even when fired from the same rifle. This is the exact reason so many of us spend our time and money testing bullet, powder and seating length combinations.

I have always found excellent accuracy when shooting Partitions in several cartridges. I've had some good results from Accubonds as well. The only time I would want to reconsider using a Partition is if the distance to target increased out to beyond 3 - 400 yards.

Hello again!

This may be another total noob question but I have a rifle that shoots 180 grain Nosler Partitions well (300 wby) but before I spend the money to "gamble" on a 60 dollar purchase I'm wondering...what is the likelihood that Nosler Accubonds of the same grain will shoot just as accurately? I've had great success with accubonds in other calibers but with the insane ammo prices I'd just like to know if it's worth trying if I already have sub MOA accuracy. I know some rifles are finicky but as a general rule of thumb, if a rifle shoots any type of 180 grain projectile is it safe to say that it will shoot all types of bullets (accubond ttsx etc) at that weight well?
Honestly, if your rifle shoots Nosler partitions well leave it alone.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.