New ELR world record set with a factory Savage 338 lapua!

go read, i followed links...
shooter, COACH, SPOTTER. three person TEAM.
only 3rd yr, no comments on "factory rifles" in the 2nd year

If I had to give a good honest guess without looking up a bunch of info.

I would say there were around 28 shooters that event at Camp Atterbury
This event forces the shooter to fire only 3 rounds at a target that exceeds that last achievement n distance.
This was done first thing both days prior to any rounds fired at the course.

You have no practice or sighter rounds you have no way of firing a few rounds to warm up your barrel as some F-class shooters are used to.

You had no one giving you as the shooter any impact or miss info

You had only three rounds to shoot and all three have to impact in order to take honors of the new distance.

If this is attempted multiple days at a event the target is not shot at or used during the course of fire during the day eliminating any one practicing or trying to zero their gun on that target.

This is about the standard procedure used when the challenge is ran at different events that are taking place in the country.

I give anyone the acknowledgment in success of placing your first three bullets on a target without any help from your crew, its all good fun and a challenge to most folks. Some might think differently but they also find their ways of having a good time. Also note with the restrictions and guidelines this holds more water when it comes to a record versus all the claims good and bad on the internet.

I am osoh
JH

the good news is, its just an opinion, AND YOU ARE WRONG.

children seem to have a problem separating the
SUBJECT from the POSTER.
CHILDISH BEHAVIOR. attack the poster because you do not like his OPINION.

You seem to lack any tolerance for a shooting competition that you are not involved in. Why is that?
I see in another post you mentioned the 2K match is getting smaller with less participants each year. Fact, if you were the sole ambassador for that shoot, most of us would understand why.
Different style shoot, different rules.
If this "World Record" stigma would disappear, life would be easier.
I recall on SH, a top ELR shooter hit a 48" plate at 6200 yards a couple yrs back, the complaint was it took too many shots. Too many shots for what, to break ground, pioneer a path? I was lost on the bickering, guy hit .8moa plate at over 6K yards, give kudos and retreat back in the bubble.
I am sorry here, but your attitude is a disgrace to ALL shooters.

SUBJECT from the POSTER.

We are attacking you bc you're being a jerk. It's cool that you have a different opinion. Several others had differing opinions on this thread too. Look at Kirby Allen's post (fiftydriver) for example. It's not what you're saying it's how you're saying it. That's not an opinion, THATS A FACT, AND YOU ARE WRONG.

It's a nice story, just leave it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBJECT from the POSTER.
Why be suck a jerk, from what I've heard your not not like that at a shoot just a huge jerk online!

rsmithsr

The only problem I see here is - you were not there and I was.

The August 2019 NRA Nationals Extreme Range format that was set up for the shooters at Camp Atterbury was exactly the way I described it in relation to the original post here with Randy's achievements. On the Worlds Longest shot part of the event - No spotters or wind callers 100% the shooter and first rounds fired for the day.

The same format when hosted by the ELR Central or the ELRSO organization follows the same 3 shot only and having to hit with all three for record may allow a spotter & wind caller. They all recognize the farthest recorded accomplishment.

I am not going to defend or correct on this thread anymore, This reminds me so much of when I got aggravated on a thread here on this site with those who assume or go off of hearsay and yes I may of had a whiskey or two and said something reflecting my opinion which did not have a good ending.

At the end of the day the slamming of members here lately in a lot less terms is going to chase away folks wanting to better their skills or be dang afraid of asking for help.

You gotta try to help more in a positive way here then what I see happening, only a friendly suggestion from someone with no authority.

Cheers
I am osoh
JH

SUBJECT from the POSTER.
I said your "Attitude" was a disgrace.
You called me childish. You trying to prove that the feat in the OP is not worthy of much is childish. A cold bore at 2K is a feat, and definitely not repeatable often.
You attacking VA Mike over a 22LR shooting certain distance and posting in the ELR forum was childish. Let these guys have their moment of glory for crying out loud. If the accomplishment was so minimal, it wont stand for long.
Just my opinion, but you seem to be a wart on the shooting society in general.

clearly the 22 shooter was in the wrong forum.
it clearly says ONE THOUSAND YARDS.
its a RULE not an OPINION.
my comment was it was a "factory class" rifle not a factory rifle.
i did point out some people are childish in that they cannot separate the SUBJECT from the POSTER.
THAT inability is how this stuff happens. i stay on topic, not on POSTER,.

I said your "Attitude" was a disgrace.
You called me childish. You trying to prove that the feat in the OP is not worthy of much is childish. A cold bore at 2K is a feat, and definitely not repeatable often.
You attacking VA Mike over a 22LR shooting certain distance and posting in the ELR forum was childish. Let these guys have their moment of glory for crying out loud. If the accomplishment was so minimal, it wont stand for long.
Just my opinion, but you seem to be a wart on the shooting society in general.

clearly the 22 shooter was in the wrong forum.
it clearly says ONE THOUSAND YARDS.
its a RULE not an OPINION.
my comment was it was a "factory class" rifle not a factory rifle.
i did point out some people are childish in that they cannot separate the SUBJECT from the POSTER.
THAT inability is how this stuff happens. i stay on topic, not on POSTER,.
You stay on Topic?????? That's funny rite there, I don't care who you are, If i didn't know any better I'd swear your Kin to MudRunner or you are MudRunner, Either way it makes no difference

Last edited:
I have a Savage 110 in .30-06 that I bought in a pwn shop that will shoot better than any 10 rifles from guys my dad hung out with in the 50s. Indeed we live in wondrous times.