New Antelope rifle arrived today !

Not to hijack your thread with a beautiful looking rifle, but I got some new antelope medicine that I really didn't need.
6.5-06 AI, but it's almost never about need, but mostly about want.
The stock is an old H S Precision that I've had for close to 40 years. Had a Pachmayr Decelerator pad put on it. That made it a joy to shoot.

q25UkFT.jpg

6ehc4Li.jpg

Fireformed a few nickel plated cases just because I could.

jeMOK2z.jpg

Good luck on your hunt. Those Weatherbys shoot so far you have to buy licenses for 3 states.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Bastone Walnut, maybe? Doesn't quit look like American Black Walnut and you don't usually find fiddle back like that in English Walnut. Bastone is a cross between Claro and English, grafted at the the roots. Claro has fiddle back sometimes........
Gorgeous walnut stock. Likely a high grade European walnut. Congratulations on your find.

257 WB MK V Swaro 3-18x50 I do like pretty wood !

View attachment 193355
I too have always loved a wooden stock. Only bad part about that is the first time you bang it against something or something hits it. A ding. Makes you sick. After a few years the memories of where or what hunt you got the battle scars on your rifle are fond to remember. Beautiful rifle. Congrats. hope it gives you lots of fine trophies and good memories.

I too have always loved a wooden stock. Only bad part about that is the first time you bang it against something or something hits it. A ding. Makes you sick. After a few years the memories of where or what hunt you got the battle scars on your rifle are fond to remember. Beautiful rifle. Congrats. hope it gives you lots of fine trophies and good memories.
Ha exactly! One dent, stock is ruined! Ten dents, stock has "character"!

Last edited:

I relate to the "scars" statement. Got a nice Sauer 202 that now has a "scar" from packing my wife's buck a few years ago. When I see it I don't think about it as a bad thing - just how excited she was to get that buck.

Hi, As a happy owner of three Weatherby Mark V, Rifles and a Weatherby 22, and a Weatherby Regency 12 Ga O/U , I congratulate you on the purchase of a Very Fine Rifle, in a super hot, long range caliber. White tail, Mule deer , and Antelope are all shuddering right now!!!! I hope you hand load !!! Have fun with that beautiful Rifle !!
By the way , If you do load your own, Check out the NOSLER RELOADING MANUAL #6/ Pg. 220 ; 110 Grn Ballistic Tips, ( 64.0 Grns. IMR 4350 @ 3375 FPS ) or (68.5 Grns. H 4831SC @ 3386 FPS )

Last edited:
I always admired the Weatherby rifles, esp. for the stocks, but didn't necessarily want to buy a Weatherby rifle to get one.

With the Richards stocks one can come kind of close. I need to get better pics sometime.

8kBG2g0.jpg

2JoUB4b.jpg

Recent Posts