Need a broadhead for elk

No doubt in my mind this has been covered ad nauseam through the years on LRH, but it's the first time I've had an opportunity to go archery elk hunting and it has come about really quickly (have been granted opportunity to hunt a nice piece of private in an over-the-counter tag area and I'm heading out in less than two weeks). My current whitetail setup is a 450 grain finished arrow weight including a 100 grain, mechanical Broadhead. I'm thinking I need to go to a fixed blade Broadhead, but I haven't shot those since the 90s. At that time, I was shooting a Muzzy for blade 90 grain. I'm happy to read other threads but wanted to see what kind of response I would get asking this question.

I shoot a Matthews V3X 33 at 75 pounds. I have a 30.5 inch draw length.

I don't mean to start up an age old debate. I just need a couple of solid recommendations that I can order a half dozen online and have them here in a week without spending hours reading reviews. I trust the info I get here.
Killed a ton of elk with magnus stinger broadheads. Many complete pass throughs and good blood trails. Easy to tune and fly great. Lifetime warranty.

QAD Exodus is what I shoot, if you have good arrows and a bow in tune they are 100% as accurate as ANY mechanical on the market. I only shoot them out to 115 yards though so maybe mechanicals could be more accurate.... That's sarcasm by the way, if fixed broadheads of good quality are less accurate than mechanicals you have an arrow or a tuning problem. Or both If you can't screw out your mechanicals and screw in a fixed of good quality , shoot to dial in a new sight tape and be good to go hunting tomorrow you have an arrow or a tuning problem. Or both. Fixed will drift in the wind a bit more than a mechanical and that is the only downside in my opinion.

No doubt in my mind this has been covered ad nauseam through the years on LRH, but it's the first time I've had an opportunity to go archery elk hunting and it has come about really quickly (have been granted opportunity to hunt a nice piece of private in an over-the-counter tag area and I'm heading out in less than two weeks). My current whitetail setup is a 450 grain finished arrow weight including a 100 grain, mechanical Broadhead. I'm thinking I need to go to a fixed blade Broadhead, but I haven't shot those since the 90s. At that time, I was shooting a Muzzy for blade 90 grain. I'm happy to read other threads but wanted to see what kind of response I would get asking this question.

I shoot a Matthews V3X 33 at 75 pounds. I have a 30.5 inch draw length.

I don't mean to start up an age old debate. I just need a couple of solid recommendations that I can order a half dozen online and have them here in a week without spending hours reading reviews. I trust the info I get here.
My pick in broad head would be the QAD Exodus.

First off those are some nice mounts.
I agree that the two blades will kill but at the speeds he's shooting compared with a recurve I don't think it's a great combo.
I still think that this late in the game just stick with what you know shoot's well.
Hey, I agree if he's shooting something already that works good for him stay the path. But if he decides do go simple a traditional broadhead will work also. My son shoots them out of his compound with excellent results.

Magnus Black Hornet. Either version will work well, but I prefer the Ser Razor version. They're extremely easy to tune, fly great, and are extremely effective on game animals. They're also made in the USA.

Rage hypodermic has never let me down. The blood trails are amazing. I've bow hunted for a long time and started with bear razor heads then went to thunderheads but I would never change again after seeing how good the rage is
I evolved in archery like you. Stick bows/recurves with ziwicky, bear, peaeson then changeable blade, savora, satellite, wasp.Then compound bows and mechanicals, The first truly devastating head I ever put through and animal was a barrie rocky mountian snyper, Huge holes and great short blood trails. The rage uses the same slip cam as the snyper and cuts a huge entrance while using no extra foot pound of energy, it cuts a wide swath and then exits with a huge bloody hole both holes bleediing better than a small 1" to 1 3/8 fixed blade and the wounds don't close up and quit bleeding.

+1 for QAD Exodus. I live in MT and have killed my fair share of elk. I only have one experience with mechanical heads on elk and it was a rage that a buddy was shooting. All I will say is it didn't turn out well. Between me my brother and a handful of friends a lot of elk have met thier demise to a QAD Exodus. It's tough, sharp and flies awesome.

The last three elk I have taken with my bow were all with Rage Trypan Mechanical Broadheads and I have never had a problem. Before the rage I was using the Montec from G5. Solid One piece construction and they flew great out of my bow. They just never did seem to be near as sharp as a replaceable blade broadhead and since its all about the cut with a broadhead, I switched, and have never looked back. Unfortunately broadheads are just like bullets sometimes **** just happens. If you stick to a reasonable range and make a good shot into the boiler room they are all going to work as long as they are razor sharp. Try to shoot through a shoulder and your screwed no matter what you use. JMO

G5 Montec
As I've gotten older I've had to turn my bow down to 55# draw weight. I used the G5 fixed blade and had a pass through on broadside shot 2 years ago. If you can shootem' straight, I would recommend fixed broadheads for elk.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 30