Elk Hunt Canceled Need Recommendation

Big Smitty

I had an opening week elk rifle hunt starting Sept 14 in Idaho. The hunt was just canceled yesterday due to the fires. Forest is shut down.

At this point I am looking for another option for a October or November rifle hunt. I could do over the counter in Colorado, or maybe landowner tags in other states that offer them. I'm willing to spend up to $4,000 for tag and outfitter of that is possible at this point.

Does anyone know of a good outfitter that could help me? I would also do a DIY hunt (Colorado?) with some help on good units or areas to hunt.

Any help from the group would be appreciated. Hate to go a year with no elk hunting as I only have so many left to get out there and get after them. Thanks!

BUMMER! Yes, the fires in that area is pretty bad.

Sorry, I can offer any help on the outfitter part but I hope others will chime in and that you'll have plenty of time to adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

Ed

Contact a reliable booking agent; he will know of openings that fit your price range. At this stage they are likely to have discounted cancellation hunts too. From my limited experience their price will be the same as going straight to the outfitter, and the agent offers you a lot of backing if there is something not right at the hunt since the outfitter wants repeat business through them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts