N570 dirty?

My experience with 300 PRC is yes its dirty but **** is it consistent. The way i look at it is most rounds loaded with 570 are going to be hunting magnums which i would be happy to get 1k and dont really plan on ever shooting more than 20 rounds between cleaning so im good with it

Don't give up on it yet! It is a little dirty, but it might turn out to be worth it. I'm seeing really nice velocity and accuracy out of my 22" 6.8 western. My last few range trips I'm averaging roughly 3,040fps and 2" groups at 300yds.

I ran it in my winmag under 215 bergers out of a 26" bartlein. It didn't seem abnormally dirty to me. I was at or over max though. I was comfortably getting 2930 fps and I'm 43' above sea level.

That stuff is hot though. I bang more steel with this rifle than anything so I probably won't pursue it further.

Other than feeding it through a powder measure, I did like they way it loaded. Very predictable and consistent. Single digit sd's came easy.

YES!

I am not a big boomer guy but scheduled a trip on the King Ranch for Nilgai. I built me a 22" 30 Nosler and my buddy who was going with me wanted a 22" 300prc. After doing powder research and hearing all the speed claims, I figured it'd be a perfect candidate for the shorter barrels.

I loaded up two ladder tests, shot them both and my charges didn't go high enough to hit pressure. I came home with plans to clean the rifles and's load up some more. When I cleaned the rifle I ended up noticing how dirty it was and switched to H1000.

I use RL15 in my 7-08's and thought there was no comparison. N570 is without any doubt the dirtiest powder I've ever used.

Having said that, I have plans to use it in a 6.5prc soon haha.

On my auto trickler I had same issue ..I started using tweezers to pluck one grain of powder out and cut it in half with n570.
I'm not that OCD about it. I normally set my desired charge weight about .06 under and hand trickle the last kernel in.

Most cartridges with the capacity to run N570 will never notice any difference with one more or one less kernel of powder.

YES!

I am not a big boomer guy but scheduled a trip on the King Ranch for Nilgai. I built me a 22" 30 Nosler and my buddy who was going with me wanted a 22" 300prc. After doing powder research and hearing all the speed claims, I figured it'd be a perfect candidate for the shorter barrels.

I loaded up two ladder tests, shot them both and my charges didn't go high enough to hit pressure. I came home with plans to clean the rifles and's load up some more. When I cleaned the rifle I ended up noticing how dirty it was and switched to H1000.

I use RL15 in my 7-08's and thought there was no comparison. N570 is without any doubt the dirtiest powder I've ever used.

Having said that, I have plans to use it in a 6.5prc soon haha.
You're gonna love King Ranch if you haven't been there, we hunted Nilgai there last year and it's amazing. Good luck!

If you think 570 isn't dirty, watch how fast it carbon fills a suppressor.

I saw a chunk fall out of one and prevent a bolt from closing.

Not after many hundreds of rounds, either.

Dirty, have always thought it's the stinkiest of powders when fired, and if not hot, will leave unburned kernels.