My worst Hunt ever!!!

Rotten

Just came back from the general muzzleloader deer hunt in kamas Utah.
This should haven't even been scheduled!!!
Every where I went was the forest service cutting down timber controlled burns road closers. Add on top every rancher gathering live stock down to the hwy .
Plus every trail ran into bicyclists and hickers, looking at me like I'm some sort of threat to them because of my muzzleloader!!
6 days never seen a track fresher than 3 weeks.
I should have just brought a 20 gage for grouse.
Saturday night had someone hit a cow next to camp.
That's a moo cow not a smart cow.
I wanted to get the cow but thought they would give it to charity.
Nope!!
Next morning drove up the kamas highway and seen 2 more dead cows and 2 deer laying to waste from vehicle accidents.
I think I'm done hunting general in UT.

Sounds like your hunting California 😆
Sorry thought I already responded to this post?
Oh well, your not wrong
I remember back in the 70's
People fleeing it to California for jobs. Now it's their brain dead communist's children trying to replace the western people.
I say (F@@k Y$$!!!!)

Just came back from the general muzzleloader deer hunt in kamas Utah.
This should haven't even been scheduled!!!
Every where I went was the forest service cutting down timber controlled burns road closers. Add on top every rancher gathering live stock down to the hwy .
Plus every trail ran into bicyclists and hickers, looking at me like I'm some sort of threat to them because of my muzzleloader!!
6 days never seen a track fresher than 3 weeks.
I should have just brought a 20 gage for grouse.
Saturday night had someone hit a cow next to camp.
That's a moo cow not a smart cow.
I wanted to get the cow but thought they would give it to charity.
Nope!!
Next morning drove up the kamas highway and seen 2 more dead cows and 2 deer laying to waste from vehicle accidents.
I think I'm done hunting general in UT.
Sounds like MT!

Okay. I've been thinking a lot about this since I got back from the muzzleloader hunt.
And what I can gather in my simple mind is this.
Hunters are the suckers that fund all of the wildlife habitat but receive the least of it's benefits.
How many ranchers pay over 3 million dollars for grazing rite's?
How many hikers, bicyclists,and the like pay taxes for wildlife?
Why is it in the state of Utah the average hunter has less Access to the wildlife that their are paying for then the rich person that can afford a 10,000.00 guided hunt on public property*?

Okay. I've been thinking a lot about this since I got back from the muzzleloader hunt.
And what I can gather in my simple mind is this.
Hunters are the suckers that fund all of the wildlife habitat but receive the least of it's benefits.
How many ranchers pay over 3 million dollars for grazing rite's?
How many hikers, bicyclists,and the like pay taxes for wildlife?
Why is it in the state of Utah the average hunter has less Access to the wildlife that their are paying for then the rich person that can afford a 10,000.00 guided hunt on public property*?
Because Big Game hunting has turned into Big Game DOLLARS. It is no longer about the hunting for subsidy or the natural instinct to hunt or gather as we believe is our born right. Those years are over with. It is all about the greed beginning with the land owners and all the way up to the government.

You mentioned guided hunts at 10k. That would be a DEAL today since those are at least five year old cost. Guided elk hunts have at least tripled or more in price in the past 10 years., however we still do it.

Because Big Game hunting has turned into Big Game DOLLARS. It is no longer about the hunting for subsidy or the natural instinct to hunt or gather as we believe is our born right. Those years are over with. It is all about the greed beginning with the land owners and all the way up to the government.

You mentioned guided hunts at 10k. That would be a DEAL today since those are at least five year old cost. Guided elk hunts have at least tripled or more in price in the past 10 years., however we still do it.
And it's still the average joe that thinks it's worth that price.
Otherwise the average person would laugh at it.
I'm not sure how to put it but it's pathetic when society values the horn more than the meat.
On my hunt I had a nightmare.
I don't remember the dream other than the feeling to read Isaiah.

If we as a country ever have to hunt to subsist, all the game will be gone. In a heart beat.

Absolutely!

Anyone calling themselves a prepper/survivalist that thinks that they can feed themselves or family by hunting……is extremely delusional. Within a short period of time there will be no animals, deer/elk/cows/horses/ nothing to be had! memtb

Recent Posts