My Adirondack deer hunting video..

Umm, 4 lb 5oz gorgeous brook trout back in the Speculator Kunjamuk River area. Another 3lb + in a beaver dam bog NE of Wells. Shhhhh!

I had an Adirondack Guide boat that was all steel from the logging days. Dents all over it. Beast of a boat and prob rowed around the world in it.
Here's a 31/2 # Brookie from the town of Ohio in Herkimer County. Circa 1962.

Attachments

• IMG_1009.jpeg
    IMG_1009.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 21
Umm, 4 lb 5oz gorgeous brook trout back in the Speculator Kunjamuk River area. Another 3lb + in a beaver dam bog NE of Wells. Shhhhh!

I had an Adirondack Guide boat that was all steel from the logging days. Dents all over it. Beast of a boat and prob rowed around the world in it.
You know back in those days, no cameras, and it was dinner! Charlie John's grocery in Speculator was cool place since they liked to weigh fish for you. Cast iron pan, sliced potatoes and blistering hot. Dang! Yum!

We have good population of splake in Lake Michigan and Lake Huron that "run" in late May in Mackinac Straits area. Plan on trying one of these days trolling for them. Friends tell me they look like brookies more than lake trout. I caught splake in couple lakes in Adirondacks many moons ago.

I'm pretty confident we've fished the same water, and I definitely wouldn't out a spot on a public forum like that! Football shaped brookies with a nasty long walk to get there!
That Brookie was caught on the Tonkowa Club in the Town of Ohio. Small spring fed lake on the property. I have a pic somewhere of a Brookie that I caught on the West Canada Creek that was also 3#'s.

That Brookie was caught on the Tonkowa Club in the Town of Ohio. Small spring fed lake on the property. I have a pic somewhere of a Brookie that I caught on the West Canada Creek that was also 3#'s.
That wasn't my guess… yes I know that club well, my unlcle was the caretaker there for as long as I can remember, he used to hire me and my brother to shovel the roof in the winter!