My Adirondack deer hunting video..

This is awesome! I'm from north of the fingerlakes region but used to go up to Black Lake, Tupper lake, Glens Falls, Lake George, etc., as a kid. Never hunted there, however. I know that guys up there have to hunt hard. In my part of NY (Near Sodus) back in the 70's guys used to pile 'em up with Ithaca 37 featherweights off the hip! (Shotgun only country until recently). What you have done is every bit as challenging as a long range shot. It takes skill and patience to do that. I spook deer before I even get out of bed! I liked your intro music and closing music too. No Metalica or Speed Metal for the testosterone junkies. Music that inspires and shows respect for the pursuit and the animal. Keep doing it.

This is awesome! I'm from north of the fingerlakes region but used to go up to Black Lake, Tupper lake, Glens Falls, Lake George, etc., as a kid. Never hunted there, however. I know that guys up there have to hunt hard. In my part of NY (Near Sodus) back in the 70's guys used to pile 'em up with Ithaca 37 featherweights off the hip! (Shotgun only country until recently). What you have done is every bit as challenging as a long range shot. It takes skill and patience to do that. I spook deer before I even get out of bed! I liked your intro music and closing music too. No Metalica or Speed Metal for the testosterone junkies. Music that inspires and shows respect for the pursuit and the animal. Keep doing it.
Next to 760/7600's… Ithaca model 37's are in every closet around here!!! Thank you very much I appreciate the kind words, the next video to come is my favorite, straight down the barrel action, sometime in the next few months hopefully!!!

Thank you for posting that video and congrats on an awesome buck. I've always wanted to hunt the Adirondacks (I'm in MA) but, alas, have never gotten around to it.
I'm glad you liked it! It's beautiful country, I live, work, and play in the Adirondacks, deer numbers are super low, I hunt 5-7 days a week all of rifle season and some years will go over a week without one single deer sighting, those of us who do it though would have it no other way, I honestly can't remember the last time I ran into another hunter while in the woods, it's been years, come with the proper expectations of what to expect as far as deer sightings go, take in the scenery, and your guaranteed to leave satisfied, good luck!

I can only imagine the challenge of capturing those moments, especially solo with a GoPro. Dealing with the unpredictable nature of hunting and the editing constraints must be tough...

I can only imagine the challenge of capturing those moments, especially solo with a GoPro. Dealing with the unpredictable nature of hunting and the editing constraints must be tough... Speaking of editing, I found a site that really helped me up my video game, especially with content that needed a bit of finessing to meet guidelines or just to enhance the storytelling. It's movavi.com, where they've got tools and tips that are super user-friendly. Whether it's cutting down clips or adding that cinematic touch, it made a huge difference for me.

I can only imagine the challenge of capturing those moments, especially solo with a GoPro. Dealing with the unpredictable nature of hunting and the editing constraints must be tough... Speaking of editing, I found a site that really helped me up my video game, especially with content that needed a bit of finessing to meet guidelines or just to enhance the storytelling. It's movavi.com, where they've got tools and tips that are super user-friendly. Whether it's cutting down clips or adding that cinematic touch, it made a huge difference for me.
Thanks for that tip, I use an APP called Splice and do everything with an Ipad, I don't even own a computer, I'm pretty old school, my friend Jeff does the final work to meet Youtube standards like you mentioned, my biggest problem is battery management and knowing when to turn it on, things happen fast how I hunt and once I'm in a groove tracking it's tough remembering to turn that sucker back on, I never had intentions of ever sharing my videos, I made them for family and friends so I didn't take it very serious for many years, this buck caught the attention of a lot people locally because of how big it was, a good buck for the Adirondacks is usually 110"-120" on average, much above that is unheard of, a 160" class animal and on public land in the Adks is about like finding a unicorn, so I decided to share it publicly and plan to do more, I have several years of footage saved up, nothing with the gross inches of horn like this buck but quite a few "good" ones. I enjoy carrying a little camera like a GoPro, I hunt alone all season and hunt almost every single day, often times out of a tent solo for days on end with limited cell service, having that camera breaks up the monotony of a long grinding season for me, and sharing my videos publicly so far has been a lot of fun, if someone out there who doesn't have the time maybe, or physical ability anymore to stomp around in those big woods… chasing ghosts…. gets something positive out of watching one of my videos, then I feel as though the work was worth it and will continue to do it. This whole…. making a video worthy of going public… has been a learning experience for me, this summer I plan on revamping my entire filming setup, new GoPro, different mounts, I filmed this video with a $120, 6 year old camera, not counting the little bit of drone footage.. The odds of me every having a chance at a buck like that again where I hunt are worse than hitting the lottery, what I can guarantee is… I will never quit trying….ever! We will see what happens… I should have another video going up before this season starts!

Hmm, Adirondacks?

greenies, ✅
buff plaid jacket, ✅
Maine guide wool hunting hat✅
LL Bean guide boots✅
.35 Remington✅
Wicker pack basket✅
Pin on compass✅
Buck folding knife✅
Adirondack Guide boat/canoe✅

How'd I do? 😂

Really nice buck! Well done on video! Enjoyed seeing the "homeland "!

What most don't realize is how far back in you can go that can be extremely challenging to bring one back out! No motorized vehicles, heck most could not get back anyway. The terrain can be the worse beaver bog on planet or granite strewn "hills". Most places LRH is bow range.

Great hunt!

Hmm, Adirondacks?

greenies, ✅
buff plaid jacket, ✅
Maine guide wool hunting hat✅
LL Bean guide boots✅
.35 Remington✅
Wicker pack basket✅
Pin on compass✅
Buck folding knife✅
Adirondack Guide boat/canoe✅

How'd I do? 😂

Really nice buck! Well done on video! Enjoyed seeing the "homeland "!

What most don't realize is how far back in you can go that can be extremely challenging to bring one back out! No motorized vehicles, heck most could not get back anyway. The terrain can be the worse beaver bog on planet or granite strewn "hills". Most places LRH is bow range.

Great hunt!
Thanks I appreciate it! You nailed it!!! Of the things on your list the Guide Boat is my favorite, I've owned every canoe known to man, and my Guide Boat will be with me forever, our ice completely went out just about 1 week ago on everything, it's time to start pond hopping soon and go after some brookies before the black flies come out! They should be on your list too, black flies 😂😂😂!

Umm, 4 lb 5oz gorgeous brook trout back in the Speculator Kunjamuk River area. Another 3lb + in a beaver dam bog NE of Wells. Shhhhh!

I had an Adirondack Guide boat that was all steel from the logging days. Dents all over it. Beast of a boat and prob rowed around the world in it.

Recent Posts