My Adirondack deer hunting video..

ADKHTR

I still hunt and track on snow every deer season, all season, in the Adirondacks, a few years ago I started carrying a GoPro camera in an attempt to make a few videos for family, as time went on I started taking my videos a little more serious, after some deliberation I decided I would start to release a few of them to be shared on my friends Youtube channel, Jeff Doyle, this is the first video that I have shared of what I anticipate to be several more over the next few months and years to come hopefully. I think most of you guys will enjoy it, I know this is a long range hunting forum and most of the time my style of hunting produces fast and close action, none the less I enjoy everything fine rifle related and this forum sure has that, keep in mind self filming this type of hunting alone with a GoPro camera is quite a challenge, I enjoy it, but the footage can be hit or miss at times, combined with the strict Youtube guidelines of what you can publicly show anymore, some of what I considered to be the "better" clips had to be drastically edited, I hope you guys like it and thanks for watching! Jon

Couldn't agree more with these sentiments. I hunt the same way and some may never know the astronomical odds you beat! Well done!!!

Can you shed a little light on your rifle troubles?

Couldn't agree more with these sentiments. I hunt the same way and some may never know the astronomical odds you beat! Well done!!!

Can you shed a little light on your rifle troubles?
That is a Forbes Rifle model 20B in 7/08 that has been back to Melvin's once for his blessings before he retired. My extractor went flying off the face of my bolt, I'm assuming while cycling the first round out, so it chambered the second round fine, I shot the second time and cycled my rifle, the dead brass stayed in the chamber obviously.. as I'm hammering on the bolt trying to get round #3 in the chamber on top of the dead brass.. while watching this deer potentially crawl off or get back up, too much going on at once, luckily that 3rd shot wasn't needed!

Nice video and GREAT buck.

I've hunted in the Adirondacks on several occasions. Big bucks lurk there but they are far & few between. Taking a fine trophy like you have is quite the accomplishment.

Congratulations!
Thanks I appreciate it! Your assessment is spot on, I live, work, and hunt in the Adirondack's and love it!

Phenomenal buck! Hunted up there a few times but never had any snow or luck. Use to track them where I am now but gets tougher every year with people leasing and posting up property. Don't blame them, times are just changing. Shouldn't you be carrying a 760 or 7600 though?lol!

Phenomenal buck! Hunted up there a few times but never had any snow or luck. Use to track them where I am now but gets tougher every year with people leasing and posting up property. Don't blame them, times are just changing. Shouldn't you be carrying a 760 or 7600 though?lol!
I'm definitely in the minority running a bolt gun and wouldn't have it any other way!!! Thanks for watching!

Great video and a great Buck. I've hunted out of two camps in the Adirondacks, one in Herkimer County where all we did was drive and one in St. Lawrence County where all we did was sit. What you guys do is real hunting! 👍🥃🦌

Thank you very much!!
The camp in St. Lawrence County was pretty neat, 4 miles back in behind Horseshoe Lake and it was the end of the road. Only 500 acres but it was like Heaven. It belonged to a friend and at best only 4 in camp including my wife at any time.