My 338 Sherman Shortmag

FE230CE7-A3F5-4683-90D2-5FE718EBC4B6.jpeg
He guys I'm finally getting some range time in. I'm a novice reloader so if you have any recommendations please feel free to make suggestions. Seems like I'm running a lot less overall length then I thought. Best accuracy so far was with 61gr varget and 250 Berger eh. 23 in proof carbon barrel. Got a slight ejector mark at 61 so I quit there. Might back it off a half a grain.

That's close to what I ended up with with 250 looks like some consistant loads you have going very nice. The 230s are shooting bug holes for me at 2885 and I dial less and loose very little ft/lbs at 1000
Very happy with 230s
I want to try the 270s next.

View attachment 147610 He guys I'm finally getting some range time in. I'm a novice reloader so if you have any recommendations please feel free to make suggestions. Seems like I'm running a lot less overall length then I thought. Best accuracy so far was with 61gr varget and 250 Berger eh. 23 in proof carbon barrel. Got a slight ejector mark at 61 so I quit there. Might back it off a half a grain.

With the standard reamer it is a fair amount shorter than what the other guys are running at.

there was one fella shooting 235s his load was 66 gr Varget I believe.
If you go to Sherman wild cats check out the 338 SS there is load data complied there for you to check out.
Any of my loads I fire formed at 56 gr of Varget. My 250 Berger load I started at 57gr went to pressure. My 230 load I started at 58 worked up.
I believe Steve from Hammer did load work with the 338 SS so he may have more info for you as well.

What sizer die and brass are you using?

I have Whidden dies and having neck tension problems on once fired brass.

Thanks

I'm using ADG brass I anneal every second firing and I also annealed right after fire forming as well I'm using 262 bushing. I am also using Whidden but I'm gonna try the Forster I think.
What kind of neck tension issues?

Recent Posts