Muzzle brake for the muzzleloader?

Having used both, there's more recoil reduction with a tactical. Some radials do work well.

You also need to know that when using a brake, the brake has to be opened up enough to allow the use of a load-thru funnel.
Unless you plan on using pellets, to load loose propellants you MUST use the funnel to keep all the propellant in the barrel and not spilling through the brake. The wad/bullet or sabot/bullet is loaded through the funnel too.

Load-thru funnels shouldn't rest on the crown of the rifle barrel, but just off the crown .010".

Anarchy Outdoors has some, they seem to be threaded for the CVA MRX/LRX…may work with others…some positive reviews on a CVA group I belong to on Facebook…I have an MRX, and use 3 white hot pellets and Hornady 290gr FTX. I don't find recoil bad at all. But I am considering a brake as it's supposed to eliminate a lot of the smoke screen after the shot.

Anarchy outdoors radial break. They work well . I've got one on my paramount pro and it's a big improvement . Shooting 112 gr of blackhorn 209 by weight is not pleasant on the shoulder without. They have them in 45cal and 50 cal.

Arrowhead makes one as does Anarchy Outdoors. I've used both. The Arrowhead can be ordered with the properly designed funnel. Anarchy Outdoors requires the purchase of a separate funnel. Both work excellent on my Accura 45 cal LRX. I run 83-87 weighted grains of BH209.

Not sure about using sabots with a brake, check to make sure they are compatible. I have heard of problems with hollow base bullets causing problems when shooting them out of rifles with a brake. It seems the base deforms or separates from the bullet when leaving the end of the barrel and traveling through the brake.
I second that about using a brake with a sabot. I would think that the flaps open up apon leaving the barrel and entering the brake. Accuracy problems at best and maybe much worse.

Who uses one?

I shoot 150 grns of white hots with a 250 grn bullet on top. Looking at my options of taming it a bit.
I would either have to get my optima threaded or upgrade to an accura.

Doesn't look like there are many options for brakes of this size, I would definitely like to keep using the sabots too.
I have a 2019 orig Paramount. I had my muzzle threaded to 3/4x24tpi so I could use any brake I wanted instead of being stuck with the only 2 choices back then. There are 4 choices avail now ( 3- radial & 1 side port ) since LRC started making one of his MZ REX brakes for them.
I had a 5 port titanium beast brake cut for mine & chamfered to the barrel & timed. Money well spent!
I had a SS load thru funnel cut for it too.
The bore of my Paramount was perfect & 1/2" groups at 200yds was not uncommon. I do not use those ELR's either.
I recently had a smokeless barrel put on my Paramount, it will he here today actually.
So, for the guys that got a crappy inconsistent bore on their Paramount & want to be able to shoot sized bullet to bore with a really good brake thst only weighs 3oz mine is for sale for a really good price. PM me if you're interested.
You can shoot sabots out of most radial brakes IF you have it bored out to the proper diameter.

I second Hankins. He can get you set up with a radial brake.
To my knowledge Hankins does not make a brake of any kind with the 3/4x20tpi threads to fit any of the CVA's. It's WHY Bergara threaded their muzzleloader barrels to that odd size to try to keep ppl from using anything but their cheapa$$ *** brake.

Is it worth the money? I'm looking at around 75 for threading plus 200 for those high dollar brakes.

Prolly would have to get some electronic hearing protection or something too
I don't know where you think you'll get your muzzle threaded for 75.00? Nice guess, but seriously WRONG!
Most places are charging 125.00 for muzzle threading. If you want a 1pc brake timed it will normally cost 150.00

To my knowledge Hankins does not make a brake of any kind with the 3/4x20tpi threads to fit any of the CVA's. It's WHY Bergara threaded their muzzleloader barrels to that odd size to try to keep ppl from using anything but their cheapa$$ *** brake.
Jeff will thread it, I've had him make things for me that he doesn't NORMALLY offer.

Recent Posts