Muzzle brake for the muzzleloader?

Cva had a major issue with the breaks and baffle strikes most were sent back . There is all kinds of posts with break issues using there stock breaks. I'm not sure if it's been fixed . They said it was a outside mfr issue. I ordered my paramount pro shortly after it came out with the available cva break and by then they knew there was a issue. The break never came and I canceled the order for it after some digging. I went with the anarchy break .
I was not aware of this, i havnt had any issues with it yet but will do some looking into that, ty

1.Yes.

2. No. I also had a MRX which I got rid of for a LRX and there was no significant POI shift on either. As a matter of fact the groups tightened up probably due to the recoil reduction. They are very light weight brakes and add an insignificant amount of weight.

Go for it as they work great!
Any specific reason you ditched the MRX in favor of the LRX? I'm super happy with my MRX so far.
Wasn't aware of the brake issues from factory. I have seen alot of negativity about the 45cal barrels being out of spec causing major accuracy problems.

Any specific reason you ditched the MRX in favor of the LRX? I'm super happy with my MRX so far.
Wasn't aware of the brake issues from factory. I have seen alot of negativity about the 45cal barrels being out of spec causing major accuracy problems.
I had 2, a MRX and a LRX. Found a second LRX on a "to good to be true deal" and switched to it. I have 2 exactly the same setups now, one for myself and then one for family/friends. Both mine are .45 and shoot the 280 Powerbelt with great accuracy. The 30" barrel should yield a tad more velocity also. I can't say enough good things about both the MRX and LRX. I do run the Arrowhead breech plug in mine.

The OP wants to shoot sabots, while both brakes you posted are good brakes, as are all of Hankins products, they are not " sabot brakes ". The smartest thing that one can do is to get an orig Paramount & have that barrel threaded to 3/4x24tpi or get an LRX & have 3" cut off of it & that barrel threaded to 3/4x24 so they'll never be restricted to what brake they can use. Having a radial brake bored out to around .520" will get you a safe sabot brake.
Right……did you not see/read my subsequent posts?

IMG_4978.gif

If you plan to ONLY shoot bullet to bore, then I'd highly suggest the LR Customs brake, which is what I use and the most copied of all brakes.
I came close to delving into muzzleloaders when I was stationed in Arizona, but it is an area I have never had the opportunity to explore. LRC claims its bullet alignment starter tool helps when dealing with sabots. Have you, by any chance, had the opportunity to try their tool? I'm just curious. TIA.

1720786908710.png

I came close to delving into muzzleloaders when I was stationed in Arizona, but it is an area I have never had the opportunity to explore. LRC claims its bullet alignment starter tool helps when dealing with sabots. Have you, by any chance, had the opportunity to try their tool? I'm just curious. TIA.

View attachment 585644
No sir, I have not. I shoot the CSTM brake, which is specific to Bestill Creations.

IMG_2025.JPG

Copy, thanks! That thing is a beast. I need to stop looking at them before I get into further trouble. 🤣
They are for sure fun. Just another rabbit hole to peak your head into!! A lot to be said for the simplicity of using one once it's all setup. Speaking for my rig anyway. Not to mention the additional hunting opportunities and experience.