meostar 3-12x56 RD ffp or sfp?

Robster80

which is preferred for this scope.? the 4C illuminated reticle. will put on my 270 for deer hunting

its between this scope and the diavari. but i figured with the money saved by going with meopta i could buy another rifle lol

With a simple reticle like the 4C, I'm not sure it matters much whether you go with FFP or SFP. With FFP you can use the width of the thin wire for holdovers at all magnifications, but the reticle is a bit thin to be visible in low light at low magnification. With SFP you have a thick reticle the low magnification. If you're concerned enough about low light performance to get the illuminated reticle, then I suggest you go with SFP.

I'm evaluating a couple of the MeoStar 3-12x56 FFP scopes right now. They're nice scopes and a bargain compared to other scopes with similar features. Not quite in the same class as a Diavari, though.

The MeoStar 3-12x56 FFP scopes have a triplet objective lens, which gives them excellent resolution at max elevation adjustment. The anti-reflection coatings are outstanding. The stray light is low and the contrast is high. The mag ring is very smooth. The finger turrets are just big enough for my fingers.

The only nit I found is tunneling at less than about 3.8 magnification. A small issue for an otherwise great scope.

FYI, the 4B is my favorite reticle in that lineup. The range finding part of the. reticle works at all magnification settings, and is designed for deer-size game. The BDC part of the reticle covers about 26 IPHY of bullet drop. also, the MeoPta catalogs are wrong about the 4B design. The range finding reticle is centered on the vertical crosshair, not positioned right of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.