Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

You let it walk?!! You need to shoot the thing so that we can all live vicariously through you. 🤪
😂🤣 I hear ya, bro…..it was hard not to pull that trigger, but given their "scarcity" this summer I probably ought to leave it alone…….and maybe you'll be able to live vicariously through me next year?

IMG_5119.jpeg
Kind of like "Where's Waldo"…but instead Where's Mr. Pig. Can you see him?

You'll have to send me a recipe. Last time I tried one,I decided they weren't to best table fare that I had tried.

That was before the crock pot came into existence. I think that a low temp all day crock with French onion soup base could change my mind. Works for rabbit. I could see insta pot possibility also. I've learned a lot about cooking since those days.
The french onion soup thing will work great, after you have par boiled the chucks for a couple of hours, with an apple and an onion in the water. Don't forget to cut the glands out of the armpits first, or it will be really nasty. Roasting them with lots of onions, a couple of potatoes, carrots & celery is good. You have to get chucks that are the young of the year. If they are old enough to have ever dug a den, you can boil them for a week and they will still be too tough to eat. When they're about the size of a rabbit they are perfect - and yummy.

Recent Posts