Made in the USA important to you?

It's important to me. But I won't be buying second best either. I won't pass up a good deal on foreign products in favor of a bad deal on American made stuff.

Your point sounds political, with the bold and all. Nixon gave our mfg away long before that and I could care less what failed party he belonged to. Ask anyone from a former auto or steel manufacturing area and they'll agree. This agreement could not have happened without this, well before any Clinton action:
As Nixon wrote in his book Seize the Moment in 1992, "If we remain in China, we can play a critical role in helping the private economy gradually eclipse the state sector. In this respect, the most counterproductive thing we could do would be to revoke China's most-favored-nation trade status. … If we want to have an impact on the changes occurring in China, we should not pull the plug on trade. Increasing economic progress will bring progress on human rights."
Sorry for sidetracking the OP but there is cause and effect for everything. Our mfg dilemma started here and he was the original globalist. I agree with your point though... most everyone after him, including most business leaders, bought into the Chinese Kool-aid.
Sad to hear there are idiot libturds even here

Sako rifles are my jam. Made in Finland.... I try to buy American but I'm a sucker for quality. I love the vx5 and vx6 leupolds for hunting. But I have NF on my comp guns. Not saying the leupold can't do just as well. But it's got too many thousands of rounds through a NF to go away from it
I love my Sako 30-06 and my CZ 375 H&H

Pick up almost anything in Cabelas,Bass pro Shops and the tag says made in China, Sri Lanka,Vietnam.99% of electronics are made in China,Korea,Japan.Well you can always count on a Winchester Rifle made in USA(Whoops)Remington,Winchester,Weatherby all import firearms.Henry & Ruger are probably the few American firearms 100% American made.Cars and trucks are assembled here from parts out sourced from the cheapest provider from where ever.Yes I try and buy American,but it is a hard task to do so today.

My 2004 Ford truck in was made In Kentucky. Diesel over 200k. Runs strong Have had only had one problem with it. I buy Goodyear tires . Lol
I won't buy GM. Government Motors. They and Chrysler took the bailout we paid for. Ford made a profit . Chevy diesels Izuzu and Mitsubishi. Really ? I'll take Power Stroke or Cummins Everytime. I love Dodge trucks also though. Not trying to start a truck war. Stating my preference and why.
We run a lot of service trucks in the one ton size and we have ZERO Ford diesels that have made it past 100K, the Duramax trucks have yet to see an engine replaced with some over 300K on them, we don't baby but do maintain them. When Im looking at buying a service truck that will support an American company and I see one that literally cost me triple to maintain, every day a truck is down it costs me $1350 dollars of billable time PLUS the repair. I have to either eat it OR pass on the cost to my customers which are Americans trying to scrape a living together just like us.
Supporting low quality, over priced products just because of where its made has the inverse effect of a free market economy. Personally I find it very disappointing that a company uses Made in America as a stronger marketing tool than the quality and innovation of the product and process.

I'm more of a "don't buy crap made in China" kind of person. Yes, I tend to favor the USA, but will also buy quality tools, hard items, etc. if made in other countries (Japan, Germany, Taiwan, etc.). I just really try to avoid buying anything made in China if at all possible even if it cost me more or I have to wait. For somethings however, it is not possible or just way too inconvenient in our global economy, but I at least think about it and try. I don't understand some people, friends included, that buy based only on price without consideration for country of origin or quality.

I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?
I am always giving preference to US made and pay more to have it. For me it is worth paying more. I usually find better performance and support with US products than folks buying foreign. I have a hard time sacrificing quality. When an ally country makes a better product I will accept it. China never makes a superior product! Chinese companies make cheap knock offs that disappoint in performance and provide terrible support.

I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?

We have some of the best choices of Firearms and Firearm accessories right here in the good ol U.S. of A. , It's well worth it to buy American Made to support our economy and all that work hard to build quality here in America.
... Made in the U.S.A. ....
720~2.jpeg

Have a Happy New Year ....

Last edited:
Made in the USA is important to me. Not to say I wouldn't buy from an other country but, I try to buy USA as often as possible.

basic economics 5th edition by Thomas sewel. The book is available on audible as well as I think in segments on YouTube. Definitely worth a listen.

I prefer American made when I can but I respect craftsmanship and quality. As a kid I wanted to buy a Remington 870 but was talked into a benelli nova. At the time I was bothered by it But since have been elated with my decision in every way. the nova is a far superior product to the modern 870s I have seen many 870 expresses fail since one that jammed on its first firing. Now let's not forget that I am an American and by buying the nova we ended up with an American who had a superior good and an additional 20 dollars of capital to distribute elsewhere in the economy. My initial investment went to craftsman who did a better job, more money was left in an Americans pocket and I had to throw no additional money at a company making an inferior product leaving me more able to efficiently allocate my Capital on the future as well. America and Itally won.

Last edited:
I have been following several threads on here for months now. Being a Canadian, I have the luxury of viewing many things from a distance, without getting involved. For the most part, members make valid statements (and decisions) based on experiences. But there are a few who are so blinded by their own biases, that their posts make one nauseous. There is one "well known member" who posts on various threads...when I see his handle on a post, i don't bother reading it, knowing how hard nosed it will be. For most posters though, please carry on. You are enlightening and make valid observations that benefit all. Dave.

I guess I should finish with the contrasting scenario. Had I purchased the 870 Express, Best case it would not have been a dud and I would have allocated my capital to prop up a company that represented inferior craftsmanship. Worst case scenario in addition to sending my money to inferior craftsmen, the shell stop fails or rough cut chamber causes jams or some other issue comes up. I now have to due without a gun for the duration of the fix, fed ex has to burn the extra fuel to ship it. Remington employees have to waste their time fixing my gun instead of producing more goods for the economy and remington or myself have to foot the bill for it all. If I choose to pretend being American is a superior virtue to being a craftsman everyone looses.

Your point sounds political, with the bold and all. Nixon gave our mfg away long before that and I could care less what failed party he belonged to. Ask anyone from a former auto or steel manufacturing area and they'll agree. This agreement could not have happened without this, well before any Clinton action:
As Nixon wrote in his book Seize the Moment in 1992, "If we remain in China, we can play a critical role in helping the private economy gradually eclipse the state sector. In this respect, the most counterproductive thing we could do would be to revoke China's most-favored-nation trade status. … If we want to have an impact on the changes occurring in China, we should not pull the plug on trade. Increasing economic progress will bring progress on human rights."
Sorry for sidetracking the OP but there is cause and effect for everything. Our mfg dilemma started here and he was the original globalist. I agree with your point though... most everyone after him, including most business leaders, bought into the Chinese Kool-aid.
I didn't post it in bold letters. I copied and pasted it. The way it was. I'm not sticking up for Nixon. Just stated Clinton signed into law. Not Nixon. I do remember Nixon trying to improve relations with China.
Political ? For sure.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts