Looking for info (6x45 w/ 90gr Game changer)

megastink

I cannot find load data on this particular bullet in this caliber. Neither my Lyman nor my Hornady manuals have any 6x45 data in them. I want to load the 90gr sierra Game Changer. I do not have the sierra manual. Before I buy it, I was hoping someone might have the info I'm looking for. Otherwise I don't know where to look.

The Game Changer is a long pointed bullet and may create issues with overall length in the 6x45. However I feel the 80-90gr weight range is best suited for that caliber.

I load a Speer Hot core 80gr @ 2800fps out of a 20" barrel. The lower impact velocities of the caliber are perfect for cup & core bullets.

I have used it to kill dozens of whitetail as my management rifle.

PM me your email and I will forward 6x45 load data.
Fun cartridge!
James

The Game Changer is a long pointed bullet and may create issues with overall length in the 6x45. However I feel the 80-90gr weight range is best suited for that caliber.

I load a Speer Hot core 80gr @ 2800fps out of a 20" barrel. The lower impact velocities of the caliber are perfect for cup & core bullets.

I have used it to kill dozens of whitetail as my management rifle.

PM me your email and I will forward 6x45 load data.
Fun cartridge!
James
PM Inbound.

I cannot find load data on this particular bullet in this caliber. Neither my Lyman nor my Hornady manuals have any 6x45 data in them. I want to load the 90gr sierra Game Changer. I do not have the sierra manual. Before I buy it, I was hoping someone might have the info I'm looking for. Otherwise I don't know where to look.

image.jpg

Fallowing

So I've been looking through all my books nothing in mind shows any Reloading Data on them I have an old spear book but it doesn't show anything I've been trying to see if I can find something nothing available you can go online though and look up what you're looking for Shoot Straight have fun keep it in the ten ring 😎

As mentioned 90 TGK is looonng!! Magazine and throat length may cause problems, ditto with 95 TMK.

Also, TGK is a pretty thick/tough jacketed bullet and for 6-45 velocities a std cup and core bullet might prove better. (Unless you re shooting a larger critter with the 6-45 and wanting penetration in which case a little larger cartridge "might" be more appropriate)

Good Luck with your venture!

I load H335, CFE223 and WC732(A2230) with my 90gr bullets. BALL powders are your friend with this load as stick powders are compressed and my push your bullet out later during use. Your issue will be your rifle/mags and what they will accept past 2.260. I can shoot up to about 2.275 out my mags and AR15, and get decent accuracy.

Not the same, but I shoot a 257 TCU. Load data can be scares for new powders. I'm not telling you to do this as gospel, but you can glean good starting points by looking at 257 TCU, 25/45 Sharps, 6mm TCU, 7MM TCU and any of the other cartridges based on the .223, with similar bullet weights

Hodgdon has reloading data on this. I've used the 6 x 45 quite a bit on game. It's been my main pest control round for quite some time.
I've had good luck with BL-C2 at about 2800 ft./s with the 85 gr. game king.