Longest coyote kill. Gun and what state u live in.

906 yds. XP-100 6.5-284 handgun/3-12X Burris/129 SST. Sitting with tall Harris/customized soft-sided stadium seat for back support. Grip between knees. Pueblo, CO.

This is really impressive, One common mistake a lot of hunters make while hunting coyotes over bait is concealment. Hunting coyotes over bait at night is a lot more effective than daytime coyote hunting over bait. If you are night hunting the bait with your gun mountable coyote light make sure to get tucked into cover as if it were daylight.

@ltgibbson the bullet performance seemed very similar at the distance we were shooting. Had we been out past a few hundred yards then I'm sure the 22-250 would have performed much better.
I use one of three different guns when I go coyote hunting.
An AR-15 in .223, a Remington 700 BDL in 22-250, and a Remington 600 in .243 that I load with 70 grain Noslers or 70 grain Speer TNT.

522 yds 257 WTBY Mag 110 gr accubond. Missed one later at 694 yds right under his chest made him leave like his *** was on fire tho :)

500 yds open vermont farm field. 28 nosler 195 berger.
file (3).jpeg

428yds with a Browning BBR in .22-250. 52gr Speer HP backed up by 39gr of W760. Shot taken off the roof of my partner's Subaru Brat, DRT. After the shot I was asking my partner where he went. (I always assume I missed). No answer, but the vehicle is bouncing kinda funny. I look inside and he is chuckling. He finally spits out that the coyote is dead where he stood.

Less than 10 yards 3 years ago. Dam think kept following me & my dog then went for the dog. Gave him one kick then DOA with a Ruger SR9c 9mm. Had to call pd since I discharged in city limits. :(

BW

550 yards with a 280 Ackley 158 gr Interbonds & 496 yards 243 win 58 gr Vmax in Alberta Canada. Both one shot kills first one was a pup female other was big old male 44 pounds we have some big yots up here they can get up too 50 pounds biggest one i have taken was 46 pounds!

550 yards with a 280 Ackley 158 gr Interbonds & 496 yards 243 win 58 gr Vmax in Alberta Canada. Both one shot kills first one was a pup female other was big old male 44 pounds we have some big yots up here they can get up too 50 pounds biggest one i have taken was 46 pounds!
We have the hybrids over here on the east coast. It's not uncommon to shoot a male that's 45 lbs. Biggest I've shot was 48 and my grandfather shot one that was 52. We've shot a bunch around the 40 -45 mark

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.