Lightweight folding sa stock?

@Taylorbok - thank you for finding it for me. It's appreciated. I should have used Google instead of the built in engine. Went back 2 yrs searching "hnt26 & hnt 26" and did not find that in the first 6-7 pages of links.

Epoxy failing or more likely is it was not applied at all during assembly. I have seen those kind of manf line assembly mistakes. It's why I wanted to read the details as as it was stated I envisioned it actually breaking not a assembly defect.

But I am gifted in the area of unintended breakage. I bet I could fall just right with that and land across a boulder and snap it. But then I could do that to any of these cf folder stocks.

One thing the XLR has I wish the HNT had. It has a model that can use the flat bottom Bat Vampire action. Benefit of not using a v block system. That is my top pick for a light weight hunting action. So slick running and according to the spec very strong . But the Vesper is excellent too. Still the Vampire would be my first choice for this type of build.

I dont have a lot of experience with chassis systems, but I really do like my MPA BA Ultra Lite in a short barreled hunting rig.
That was on my short list. It came down to the cf foreend vs the alloy in exteme cold/hot direct sun. The latter I was just reminded of trying to pickup an alum tube I the 99+ direct sun for awhile. The MPA is solid looking. I liked it.

I dont have a lot of experience with chassis systems, but I really do like my MPA BA Ultra Lite in a short barreled hunting rig.
That's a bargain for only a 12 oz weight penalty over the HNT26.
I run the MPA Hybrid chassis on my match rifle and it's been great, they're definitely durable, and with competition shooting in mind they're going to be easier to shoot.

Hunt 26

1721915752767.jpeg
1721915752767.jpeg

I own both and really am impressed with how they have performed. I will add that I broke a pistol grip on the mdthnt 26 from a hard fall on a very cold November morning last fall and my hunt was dead in its tracks waiting for the replacement to show. Snapped it right off at the epoxy seam but I landed square on it with a heavy pack on. For what it's worth I think the xlr grip would have broke too but I find myself a little worried about the fore end on the hnt26 now where as with the xlr it's bomber on the integrated fore end. Now I have two spares in the safe. Folder lock isn't important because if its folded it's strapped to a pack anyways. MDT folder lock is very noisy so if you hunt timber close consider. XLR folder stays put without lock and is quieter. Overall I prefer the xlr now but both are the best in class for lightweight chassis and you'll be happy either way.

Seekins has their own footprint spec. The Slam can only be configured to Seekins actions.

Seekins has their own footprint spec. The Slam can only be configured to Seekins actions. Last I checked they weren't planning on building to 700 or tikka footprints. Please correct me if I'm wrong…
I think Seekins would sell a ton if it made them and did not go crazy on price.

------------------------

If I had to pick one other than hnt26 I think it would be the MPA Ultra. Light, I like the action mounting block and it takes flat bottom like the Vampire & Bumblebee.

But if weight was no issue I think I would have a Foundation stock. If it was PRS, where 26lb setups seem the norm, Foundation for sure. I would try one already for a range gun if they were a bit less $$ with a shorter backlog. Kind if apprehensive to try one as I think it's going to be too good in effect. 6 BRA or SMx47L

Does anyone make a lightweight/high quality folding stock or adapter that fits a rear pic rail rather than a buffer tube style? If so, a few more options might be available