Lightweight folding sa stock?

I am just waiting for this but I don't like pistol grips or folding stocks on bolt action rifles.

1000027892.jpg

My HNT26 ARCA is superb. Folding stock extremely secure, actually the folding button has three locks (fold, unfold, and 90 deg) which is a nit. Very sturdy. Standard hand grip. Very impressed with the Zermatt insert.

I have a xlr 4.0 w/ folder, also a Hnt26 w/ arca and folder. Def prefer the feel of the MDT. Shootability is near the same. Xlr now has an adjustable mag latch in them which is badass.

I'm very happy with my HNT 26 but I went for the non folding option, it would be nice at times but I have a phobia of loose folders
Too bad about the phobia đź«Ł, knocking 9-10" off the length is mighty handy, especially if you run a suppressor. Rather than cut 6" +/- off the barrel you can run 24" or 26" barrels and still be shorter folded.
Honestly I had the same concern until I got one. So far so good and I work it hard.

Hnt26 had a rock solid folder, xlr not so much. There are some ways to tighten it up, but it's still a compromise.

I am just waiting for this but I don't like pistol grips or folding stocks on bolt action rifles.

View attachment 588246

Any info on weight?

I like the look.

You can certainly see the design progression from the HNT26.

I am still going 26 onnthis build but that could be on my plate for the 6mm that's next.

I wonder how those angles feel shouldered standing unsupported? It sure looks good.

I recently went through the same thing, I wanted a folding stock. As I compared specs and design on different stocks I got down to Xlr Mag 4.0 and the Hnt26. I bought the Xlr. The main reasons for my decision were the available attachments (buttstocks, thumb shelf, grips, etc) , I didn't want to press a stock release button to open the stock from a folded position ( Xlr is tight ) and the Xlr has a built in level just behind the tang.

MDT HNT26 would be my strong recommendation and preference …

As a long range hunting and shooting instructor I get the opportunity to fondle most every option on the market and this stands at the top of my list by a margin and has the arca integral and it's really only 26 ounces

I have them on a tikka custom with carbon Bbls in 6mm CM and the other 6.5 PRC
Topped with Vortex LHT 4.5-22

Total weapon system is 7lbs 10 ounces with glass

Any info on weight?

I like the look.

You can certainly see the design progression from the HNT26.

I am still going 26 onnthis build but that could be on my plate for the 6mm that's next.

I wonder how those angles feel shouldered standing unsupported? It sure looks good.

What stock is that?

At this point I don't really have much info beyond the picture. Definitely looks like a new addition to the HNT26 family with some elements of MDT's other stocks throne in. Mountain Forged had a video on their instagram of them shooting one, but it wasn't really any kind of preview. Apparently it is coming out from MDT, but I haven't seen any press from them about it. I imagine the weight and inlets will probably be similar to the HNT26 just targeted at the Manners LRH/PH crowd.

I also went through the same search as you and landed on the MDT 26 and like it so much I just ordered two more.
The way I hunt involves significant back country travel to get into the areas where coues deer bucks live long enough to grow old.

I'm typically not shooting beyond 600 yards but am usually setting up in rocky steep terrain where it is unlikely I will find a position to shoot from that will allow a bipod. It happens, but not very often.

For this situation I use a Borden action, Proof 16.5" barrel with a Thunder Beast Arms Ultra 7 suppressor, Leupold VX6 3-18x42, MDT medium 30mm rings, which when mounted in the HNT26 chassis weighs 7 lbs 13 oz.

Chambered in 308 Win, the only sane choice in this short of a barrel, and using 168 grain Berger Classic Hunter bullets over IMR 8208XBR I'm getting 2,670 fps and 2.5-3.5" five shot groups at 600 yards.

Folded, this rifle fits within the frame of my pack.

I mount this rifle on my RRS Ascend tripod and head, using the integrated ARCA rail molded in to the HNT 26 chassis. Set up is quick and easy.

This is the optimum configuration for the way I hunt. I settled on this combination after searching for 45 years. I'm happy now but don't have that many years left to enjoy it.

Perhaps, you will arrive at your optimum configuration much earlier in your hunting career than I did.